The Franchise?

Guest Guest

Showtime President David Nevins announced today that the TV series that followed around the Giants last year will follow a new team in 2012 and that it will be a “very interesting� team.

Anyone else think it may be us?

I tried to think of a team that fits the "very interesting" quote and I can't think of any that come close to the Marlins.

I would think the Angels and Rangers would be, too, with the new acquisitions and the World Series hangover.

Personality wise though, we have to have the biggest collection of quotes and incidents waiting to happen aka ratings grabbers.

So everyone seems to be happy about this. Ok. You don't think they will make the marlins look like a joke? Also, we were all happy to see the manatees go because they were a disgrace and didn't belong in baseball. Seems most here feel the same about the mermaids. How does reality tv fit into baseball, and what are the chances showtime breaks the trend and doesn't try to make the marlins look sh*tty?

I'm not sure about this yet (if it happens to be us).

You are being no fun.

I actually think he's making a valid point.

However, I've pretty much accepted the fact that next season is going to be a total circus no matter what, so we might as well see a reality show about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.