Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Juan Pierre Signed

Featured Replies

According to Craig Mish of Sirius XM, the Marlins have signed free agent outfielder Juan Pierre.

Terms of the deal have not yet been disclosed. The 35-year-old outfielder hit .307/.351/.371 with 37 stolen bases for the Phillies in 2012. He previously played with the Marlins from 2003-2005, and will likely become their everyday left fielder.

 

 

Related: Marlins

 

Source: Craig Mish

I foresaw this.

 

 

We still f***ing suck, though - even though he's my favorite player of all time.

Nice move!

 

I mean, we're not going to win. But I'd rather lose with lovable favorites than randoms gone the next year (sup Gorkys?)

 

Plus we desperately did need a good leadoff hitter and JP can still set the table. I forgot he hit over .300 last year.

Wait, if he's in left... That means he's going to platoon with Ruggiano...

 

So Gorkys in center???

I hope Stanton gets traded just to watch this team set the record for fewest HR's in a season.

I wonder if this satisfies Trayvon Martin or if we have to add Dontrelle Willis now. I still can't believe they hired Tino instead of Lenny Harris.

Trade Bonifaco and Reyes away. Team gets better.

 

Replace with Juan Pierre. Team gets better.

 

This Ownership/FO has a great gameplan.

i actually like it if he's the center field starter. he has a noodle arm but he is still a good cf who can get on base, put the ball in play and steal some bases.

 

if we gotta fill a roster ill take JP.

 

I would like to add 1 more power hitter though. Wish we could sign david wright but Samson thinks Kouzmanoff gives us a better chance of winning.

i actually like it if he's the center field starter. he has a noodle arm but he is still a good cf who can get on base, put the ball in play and steal some bases.

 

if we gotta fill a roster ill take JP.

 

I would like to add 1 more power hitter though. Wish we could sign david wright but Samson thinks Kouzmanoff gives us a better chance of winning.

 

 

The Mets already picked up Wright's option. We are not getting Wright.

I'm guessing he'll be starting in LF this year. He absolutely cannot play CF anymore, especially in our ballpark. Ruggiano should play CF; he's good out there.

 

Also, David Wright is not a free agent.

 

And Yunel Escobar is our current 3B, not Kouz.

Obviously the FO are bringing in Pierre to become Stanton's BFF and keep him happy.

Still f***ing hating this team right now, but I like the JP signing. Dude is still fast as hell, and was a pain in our ass all this year with the Phillies.

He's gonna teach everybody how to wake up at 5 in the morning and run in the outfield. And stuff. And Greg Dobbs will teach the pinch-hitters.

 

And Nolasco will teach the others how to win because he's a winner even when he pitches to a 5 ERA, he wins.

 

We're gonna win moar.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.