Marlins 20 Years Calendar Moments...

Apparently they're putting together a calendar of the Marlins first twenty years, and fans can vote on which 12 memorable moments will be featured in the calendar... whether u vote or not, I thought it was nice to look at and remember... here's the link...

https://secure.mlb.com/mia/fan_forum/moments.jsp

if anyone cares, my 12 votes went to...

-Hough's first pitch

-Conine's 1995 All Star Game

-Counsell scoring the 97 Series winning run

-Castillo's hit streak

-Pudge holding the ball to end the 03 NLDS

-The Bartman NLCS game

-Alex Gonzalez's walk off homer in the 03 Series

-Beckett's performance winning the 03 Series

-Cabrera's game winning hit off an intentional walk

-The change from Florida to Miami Marlins on 11.11.11

-Marlins Park Opening Night

-Stanton breaks the scoreboard

I thought those were significant enough even to a non-Marlins fan, like it was a solid enough list for someone who's just a baseball fan in general. I didn't choose moments that were a little too much for homers, like Livan's overblown strike zone in the NLCS, Miggy's homer off Clemens, and Lowell's hidden ball trick.

I wonder why they suddenly want us to think about the past, when last season it was about forgetting and moving forward with the miami marlins.

Yeah, it seemed like much of the motivation behind the rebranding was to help fans forget the firesales, losing seasons, and dismal attendance. Whoops!

I'd rather be the Florida Marlins again.

There's only one chance to commemorate the franchises 20th year, they'll do this almost cuz they have to or at least cuz its the right thing to do. After this they'll go back to downplaying the past again.

I've never felt like they've wanted to erase the Florida roots, it was more like hiding it over in the other room just temporarily. It was more of a marketing thing to me, to push the new changes. They'll use our past when it suits them.

Vevuzzala night. Plain and simple. I'm with you, squall, I don't get this merely a season after them saying the Miami Marlins were a new franchise.

Amyways, I had to write-in my top choice, Andre Dawson becoming the first Marlin inducted into the HOF.

Sarcasm? Or just pushing it because of the screen name?

He went in as an Expo. I feel like many do, he should have gone in as a Cub. Just because he finished his career as a Marlin is just an after thought. Saying he was the first Marlin inducted is like Red Sox Nation saying they have another inductee because he played there.

So I wonder if they will be wearing a patch like many teams do, since that's last 20 year patch was fake

We won't beThat sucks.

Like I said, they embrace the past when it suits them. Make a promotional 20 yr calendar that may sell a few more tickets to one game, but then don't bother with making a patch for the whole season. The Marlins Way.

My top 12 moments:

July 5th, 1991: MLB approves of Florida Marlins Franchise

April 5th, 1993: Charlie Hough throws 1st pitch in Franchise History

October 12th, 1997: Livan Hernandez w/ 15 K's

October 26th, 1997: Renteria's single wins the World Series

June 23rd, 2002: Luis Castill 35 Game Hitting Streak

October 3rd, 2003: Pudge's Game Winning Single

October 4th, 2003: Pudge holds on to the ball

October 14th, 2003: The Bartman Game

October 25th, 2003: Beckett tags Posada

September 6th, 2006: Anibal Sanchez's no hitter

April 4th, 2012: Marlins Park opening day

May 21st, 2012: Giancarlo Stanton Kills Scoreboard

Even though I was born in 1994, July 5th and April 5th should be on any Marlin's fans top 12 moments in franchise history. What is everyone else's top 12 moments?

So I wonder if they will be wearing a patch like many teams do, since that's last 20 year patch was fake

We won't beThat sucks.

Such a sad state of affairs. It seems like they cannot decide which way to go on things. Three steps forward; 2 steps back; 2 steps forward; 1 step back. It woul be so great if we had some good leaders/office/owner and not this group.

Vevuzzala night. Plain and simple. I'm with you, squall, I don't get this merely a season after them saying the Miami Marlins were a new franchise.

Amyways, I had to write-in my top choice, Andre Dawson becoming the first Marlin inducted into the HOF.

Sarcasm? Or just pushing it because of the screen name?

He went in as an Expo. I feel like many do, he should have gone in as a Cub. Just because he finished his career as a Marlin is just an after thought. Saying he was the first Marlin inducted is like Red Sox Nation saying they have another inductee because he played there.Sarcasm, no. Biased, perhaps. You might belittle his 2 year playing time w/ us, but the simple truth is his HOF plaque says "Florida, National" (as well as "Boston, American"), so yes, the Marlins and Sox both can claim a HOF'er. It doesn't matter what hat he's wearing on the plaque.

Besides, if he meant nothing to the franchise (a franchise, you might forget, he still works for almost 20 years later), why would they celebrate his induction in 2010 w/ a plaque replica giveaway?