Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9/11 Post Game

Featured Replies

Mike Minor said something about the smiling and how Jose shouldn't smile after someone got a hit off him. He said it seemed like you weren't supposed to be able to get a hit off him. I can't remember where I saw this actual quote.

 

Clearly the Braves felt all this smiling was cocky and showing the Braves up. Kinda sad from my perspective, but that's what they see.

 

I still feel there needs to be some acknowledgment of guilt on what Gattis and Johnson did, they are not innocent on this.

I don't understand how Red gained respect for this. He's looking more and more like the no balls, no arguments type of manager that Loria desperately needed.

 

OK, the Braves are a first place team and you're a last place team. OK, your guy is a 21 year old rookie. But holy shit, he didn't start any of this. Perhaps he could have said that Fernandez did wrong in retaliating, but it seems like the full blame is being shifted onto him by everyone.

 

Unless there's something that we're missing here, I don't see how this is Fernandez's doing and how anyone could respect Redmond for basically selling out his guy in front of the camera. That's not what a manager is supposed to do under these circumstances.

According to a beat writer, Red gained more respect than he lost. Don't know if he's heard that from players or is forming his own opinion. In addition - a couple of players tweeted that Fernandez needs to learn from this.

 

 

Which guys? Lomo had Jose's back and from my reading about the sell out comment he basically calls Redmond out.

 

But I'm sure Jose did learn something. That doesn't make it right that Redmond went on an inexplicable tirade against his own player when it was the other team that started the whole thing. I mean it ruined his game? Come on Redmond that's horse shit.

There's no way Redmond gained respect of the team with this. If you need to teach the player after he did something you feel was immature or unnecessary, do it in private. To the outside, you back your player until then end, right or wrong, you back your player.

 

Look at Girardi. You just know Girardi does not like Alex Rodriguez one bit, yet when he got plunked by the Red Sox, Girardi was the first one to storm out and defend his player. That's what the manager is supposed to do.

 

IMHO Redmond came out as a no balls, no personality type of manager. He needed to have Jose's back there. No spout that asinine line "Jose's actions ruined tonight for me" dafuq is that!?!

From Squall's Jesus boy-Vagina friend:

 

"Jose is a great pitcher, he is very competitive, but he let this one get out of hand," closer Steve Cishek said. "He's going to learn from it. I can pretty much guarantee it will never happen again, the way he is. He's a good kid."

From Squall's Jesus boy-Vagina friend:

 

"Jose is a great pitcher, he is very competitive, but he let this one get out of hand," closer Steve Cishek said. "He's going to learn from it. I can pretty much guarantee it will never happen again, the way he is. He's a good kid."

 

 

What a fucking vagina. Squall is correct

From Squall's Jesus boy-Vagina friend:

 

"Jose is a great pitcher, he is very competitive, but he let this one get out of hand," closer Steve Cishek said. "He's going to learn from it. I can pretty much guarantee it will never happen again, the way he is. He's a good kid."

 

 

I mean it very well may never happen again, which is fine. still doesn't mean he handled it ideally.

Mike Minor said something about the smiling and how Jose shouldn't smile after someone got a hit off him. He said it seemed like you weren't supposed to be able to get a hit off him.

 

 

correct, you're not able to get a hit off Jose.

  • Author

Mike Minor said something about the smiling and how Jose shouldn't smile after someone got a hit off him. He said it seemed like you weren't supposed to be able to get a hit off him.

 

 

correct, you're not able to get a hit off Jose.

 

 

I guess it's mostly just Frediot, Gattis, Johnson and now I guess Minor who think this. Freddie Freeman and him had a great laugh about all of it when Freeman took him yard and then hit a double off of him. There's nothing in the rulebook that says he can't smile. There's nothing wrong with it, either. Nobody else has had a problem with Fernandez and his "antics" on the mound. This Braves team just seem to be unable to handle first place, they're a bunch of bitches. They have both Uptons who pimp the shit out of their homers [and Fernandez' bat toss was identical to J-Upton's, I might add], Fredi's just an idiot, and they've had issues with other young players before, such as Harper, and they never let that shit go. They hit him later in that game, then twice more in another SERIES. It's bullshit, the Braves need to grow the fuck up.

 

And I'm also in the crowd that sees not that much wrong with what Redmond said. He didn't have to say EXACTLY what he said, but he wasn't entirely wrong.

Trade Cishek and fire Redmond. Bring back Ozzie and Bell. They would have defended Fernandez, easy.

Trade Cishek and fire Redmond. Bring back Ozzie and Bell. They would have defended Fernandez, easy.

 

Bell would have found a way to make it about him. God was testing his response to the issue.

I think myself and others are pissed that Redmond called him out in public considering the circumstances. Don't call him out like a chump for a retaliatory bat through when the guy is Fernandez. It's not like you had Hanley up there

I'm not a fan of Red's statements either, but really, nothing more is going to come out of this. No point in getting upset about it anymore, nothing is changing.

 

 

I have little faith now that Redmond will back up his players if anything remotely similar to this should happen again.

 

This was a pretty bad fuck-up.

I can't for the life of me see how Red threw him under the bus for that with the media. IN THE MEDIA! It's not like he's Puig acting like a fool on the bench or something. He watched a home run after getting s*** talked. I felt sorry for Jose in the interview. This would be different if we had started it: Such bulls***.

 

 

Exactly. Fernandez wasn't being a douche like Puig. He was more just having fun.

This is an example of a way the post game should have gone for Redmond.

 

"There was alittle gamesmanship from both teams that came to a point. We are a young team and it's something I'll talk to them about and I'll expect Freddie will probably do the same with his team."

 

A general response that says you will handle it without being dickish and also throws some responsibility to the Braves in a non confrontational way.

This is an example of a way the post game should have gone for Redmond.

 

"There was alittle gamesmanship from both teams that came to a point. We are a young team and it's something I'll talk to them about and I'll expect Freddie will probably do the same with his team."

 

A general response that says you will handle it without being dickish and also throws some responsibility to the Braves in a non confrontational way.

 

Nailed it. Fuck you Redmond

I spoke to Redmond,

 

He says "fuck you" back.

 

He'll be in to address all your concerns after his BP is naked, I mean over.

Stumbled across the Minor quote:

 

"Somebody hits off him and he smiles," Atlanta starting pitcher Mike Minor told The Associated Press after the game. "It seems like you're not supposed to get a hit off of him."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.