Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9/11 Post Game

Featured Replies

Fernandez wins, goes yard, got pissed, probably would have raped Chris Johnson in fisticuffs ...

 

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!

 

 

Fernandez is Awesome. The best pitcher the Marlins has plus in his last game has two hits again including a home run. McCann should not have words with Fernandez which opened the door for Chris Johnson come running from third base and then have the players from both teams rushing in. Johnson and McCann are the ones responsible for what happened. The Braves manager, Gonzalez, when asked about the incident downplayed the whole thing while Redmond, the Marlins manager, was extremely harsh towards Fernandez. What a shame!!!! The kid did nothing wrong and should not have apologized. A lot of players stop to watch when they hit a home run. In my opinion, Mike Redmond was so wrong in handling the situation: he should had simply said whatever was discussed privately. I hope Loria has a word with Redmond. A manager should stand behind his players and he did not.

Is it possible to have Fernandez pinch hit sometime the rest of the way? He has been hot with the bat lately. The only pitcher in majors to have at least a 1B, 2B, 3B, and HR this season. He has a better slugging than like 60% of our hitters

Johnson needed a swift deck to his jaw.

 

Jose is awesome. He hit a moon high HR into the damn bar. Good for him. Good win. Braves suck. Well...they don't suck, but you know what I mean...not a fan.

I have no problem with Red's postgame comments.

 

 

Neither do I. The kid has been doing this all season. It's just a wonder something hasn't happened before. Yea, he's "just having a good time out there." Problem is, this isn't a little league field.

 

I would bet if we went back in posts to last season when another rookie kid on the Nats was "just having some fun out there" that no body here was sticking up for him. Guess if it's our guy it's okay.

I liked how Chris Johnson came running in and then then immediately went behind the umpire and started yelling from that position. WTF? Who does that?

seriously. you can talk to Jose and tell him what is and what is not expected of him without scolding him & sending him off to bed without dinner. Red needed to find a middle ground there, I mean "it ruined the night for me"?? COME ON MAN. You didn't need to neuter the kid.

 

He should've had a curtain call wave to the fans, or come to bat next inning & they pinch-hit for him to let the fans give him a nice ovation. Instead he's left to sulk about this all offseason, probably thinking he let everyone down. I can't believe he's sitting their in front of all the media like he's Michael Vick or something. Ridiculous.

 

I'm happy to see the guys on MLB network poo-poo'ed the whole thing.

 

LeBatard is going to have a field day with this on his show today.

Like I said last night. Team p***y. Red apologizing and practically begging for forgiveness. Cishek's vagina grew 10 times last night. He wouldnt even pitch johnson inside. All of the apologizing...for f***s sake stop saying sorry when you don't need to be.

 

I really didn't like Freddi's interview post game but its what i expected. Red's interview was so annoying. I can't believe he called a team meeting to throw Fernandez under the bus. How about sticking up for your BEST PLAYER after his last start AND win of the season? Cishek + Red's vagina could swallow a planet at this point.

 

Why is Cishek being blamed for anything?

Pissed as most of you. Johnson, one year wonder who thinks he is a HOF player, talks crap. Then of course the Braves use the excuse about Jose not liking Gattis's homer and Jose, as Fredi the douche said, "can't have it both ways" whichs means Fredi is still a putz. The Braves did not misinterpret Jose's reaction to the HR, they used it as an excuse to try to rattle the kid. Also, they want to get in his head for the many times they will be playing against him in the future. WTF, Johnson is all huffed up because he made contact, but an out, about Jose's "weak" fastball. BS, BS Bs, and yes, I lost respect for Red-the Yankees had ARod's back and they all hate him and we can't back up Jose, who was only standing up for himself and responding to the Braves provocation. At least he has the balls, not like f...ing Redmond. There was a way to do both Redmond, make your point but not throw our guy under the bus. Damn and I disappointed in Redmond, and could have used Gaby Sanchez when Johnson was running in from 3rd, a bit tentatively at first. A good clothesline would have avoided that primal scream he made going back to the base-what was that about.

hey guys. After sleeping on this, you know what, f*** the braves, f*** chris johnson, f*** redmond.

 

This s*** was the braves fault. They started it. Jose ended it and I have a HUGE problem with Redmond's post game conference.

hey guys. After sleeping on this, you know what, f*** the braves, f*** chris johnson, f*** redmond.

 

 

I see your opinion has changed overnight.

Who do you hate more right now? Coghlan, Johnson or Redmond?

 

 

Lol. Coghlan is completely off the radar at this point :)

Think you may be alone on that one Admin.

 

I have to say that I myself am a bit disappointed with Red. You should be sticking up for your player, not cow towing to the other team. Lost respect, and I'm glad we aren't the only ones. Hopefully, Red learns something from this, but somehow I don't think he'll even realise he screwed up.

The Braves are the only team in sports that I absolutely, irrationally, unequivocally despise.

Jose didn't do anything that Justin upton hasn't done a thousand times. cry me a river bravos

 

 

Or even sorry-ass albatross BJ Upton. They've got some of the worst attitudes in that clubhouse.

The Braves are the only team in sports that I absolutely, irrationally, unequivocally despise.

 

 

Mutts?

 

 

I actually somewhat like the Mets; they beat the Braves sometimes. The Braves, on the other hand, I can't stand. I probably hate the Braves as much - if not more - than most people on here hate the Mets. Hell, there was some Braves fangirl who would post on these forums and I didn't like her just by association lol

I'm sure Jose will be fine after all of this. He's still going to be his fun loving self. That is, until he gains some more experience and learns to hate the ownership like the rest of us.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.