9/11 Post Game

Michael

In case you missed it, here's MLB Network's take on what happen

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=30542245&topic_id=7417714

Just watched this. Defending redmond is ridiculous. f*** you Redmond. This s*** was completely the braves fault. Johnson spit first in his base path to top it off.

How is any of this Jose's fault? Guys?

Since we know that the Marlins are not the darlings of the national coverage, this says it all regarding objective analysis of what happened. So yea, F the Braves and Redmond needs to apologize publicly because he was wrong.

3 things for Fish Nation:

#1) I am not a Marlin fan - so this is a baseball guy talking here, not a Marlins homer

#2) Chris Johnson runs in like a mad man and gets right behind the umpire? Was he afraid of confronting the 21yo kid like a man face to face? He literally HIDE behind the umpire! No respect for you as a man or a ballplayer.

#3) Redmond could of used this incident as a huge motivator and rallying cry for his team and fan base. How about a speech after the game saying "we are nobody's doormat's! we are prideful men and we wont be disrespected in OUR house!" Instead, he apologizes to the Braves, Mike Minor, Freddie Gonzalez, Ted Turner, Jane Fonda, The state of Georgia, etc..(did I leave anyone out?) A manager that wont stand up for his players or back his players is NOT a MAN. I guess if Redmond was President of Poland in 1939, he would of apologized to Hitler and the German people not being more accommodating when the Nazi's invaded Poland?

Hey Redmond, if you want to apologize, apologize for the job you have done as a manager of a team with worst record in the NL, that is going to lose over 100 games. Apologize to the fans and the taxpayers of Miami for the product you place on that field 81 times a year.

I guess if Redmond was President of Poland in 1939, he would of apologized to Hitler and the German people not being more accommodating when the Nazi's invaded Poland?

Hey Redmond, if you want to apologize, apologize for the job you have done as a manager of a team with worst record in the NL, that is going to lose over 100 games. Apologize to the fans and the taxpayers of Miami for the product you place on that field 81 times a year.

First off....

what?

Secondly, since you are a baseball guy, you would KNOW that with the roster given to Redmond for the majority of the season, that no manager, not John McGraw, Joe Torre, Tony LaRussa, Casey Stengal, et al, would have been able to coax a winning season out of that club.

But having said that, your statements toward Redmond and apologizing to fans means you may SAY you are a baseball fan objectively, but you really ARENT.

The only person that should apologize is Admin Beinfest/ Jeffrey Loria for putting together that stupid roster for most of the season.

I guess if Redmond was President of Poland in 1939, he would of apologized to Hitler and the German people not being more accommodating when the Nazi's invaded Poland?

First off....

what?

Secondly, since you are a baseball guy, you would KNOW that with the roster given to Redmond for the majority of the season, that no manager, not John McGraw, Joe Torre, Tony LaRussa, Casey Stengal, et al, would have been able to coax a winning season out of that club.

But having said that, your statements toward Redmond and apologizing to fans means you may SAY you are a baseball fan objectively, but you really ARENT.

The only person that should apologize is Admin Beinfest/ Jeffrey Loria for putting together that stupid roster for most of the season.

No, Das Texas, I am a baseball guy.

And you are right, its not completely Redmond's fault as much of that blame goes to Beinfest/Loria.

As far as talent goes, I look at your neighboring Rays, who seem to constantly have no names cycling through their system, yet win and are in the playoff hunt, even when their "stars" (Longoria & Price) are injured - like this season.

And my post is NOT a bash on Fin fans or on the players on that team at all. I just think that this could of been a rallying point at the end of this season for the Marlins, get some kind of rivalry thing going, get some people fired up to come to todays game and carry some kind of momentum into next year.

If Minor, McCann, Freddie Gonzalez didnt like Fernandez standing their looking at his 1st ever HR, then say nothing, and then throw one at the next hitter! that's what baseball would dictate and then the guy that got plunked would go back to the dugout and remind Jose that his actions have repercussions.

Again guys, just my opinion.

Hope Jose Wins ROY for you guys!

yeah the MLB tonight review is both great and hysterical. Harold Reynolds & Mitch Williams both defend Jose:

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=30542245&topic_id=7417714

(sorry just realized Gizmo already linked)

Mitch Williams "if that's me I'm drilling him (Chris Johnson). Telling me I ain't got nothing on my fastball? Take that 98 in the ribs."

watch this over and over. and someone forward this to Mike Redmond.

Nothing but Atlanta getting whipped by a kid and a couple of them (Johnson & Gattis apparently) getting their panties in a bunch. and then Red somehow makes it worse. Oh to hear what Ozzie would've said in that spot...

Wow watching that video after missing the game, I don't see how anyone can really blame Jose and say it's his fault. You start shit, you get shit. That's the first real show of attitude and all started because the braves talked shit. I'd expect the same damn thing if it was the other way around and we started it. I have no issues with what McCain sai, just how Johnson acted like a street thug hiding behind his homies.

I can't for the life of me see how Red threw him under the bus for that with the media. IN THE MEDIA! It's not like he's Puig acting like a fool on the bench or something. He watched a home run after getting Shit talked. I felt sorry for Jose in the interview. This would be different if we had started it: Such bullshit.

And lomo making sense:

"I didn't realize the full effect of what happened last night," Morrison said. "Jose needs to calm it down still, but I don't feel he is fully in the wrong with what he did. I feel like they did some things to him that went unnoticed that need to be addressed and will be addressed. I don't think Jose should have been sold out the way he was sold out."

Morrison added that he's hit home runs and never stared at the pitcher.

"I don't stare at them when I hit a home run," Morrison said. "I've hit it way further than Gattis hit it last night, and I put my head down and ran around the bases. I didn't pimp it. I tried to get around the bases as fast I can and get the game going."

And lomo making sense:

"I didn't realize the full effect of what happened last night," Morrison said. "Jose needs to calm it down still, but I don't feel he is fully in the wrong with what he did. I feel like they did some things to him that went unnoticed that need to be addressed and will be addressed. I don't think Jose should have been sold out the way he was sold out."

Morrison added that he's hit home runs and never stared at the pitcher.

"I don't stare at them when I hit a home run," Morrison said. "I've hit it way further than Gattis hit it last night, and I put my head down and ran around the bases. I didn't pimp it. I tried to get around the bases as fast I can and get the game going."

Agreed.

Its like the MLB Network clip said... Gattis has the same amount of time in the majors as Jose, did McCann go to Gattis and say "you can't do that, you're going to get someone hurt"?

The only asshat in the whole thing is Johnson. The staredown on the homer off Jose is seems like a result from "goddamn! finally!" Johnson acting like he did was just childish and it got Jose fired up. Hitting a HR is basically a pitcher's dream vengeance.

If he wants to apologize to Minor, that is fair because that is who he showed up. If we wants to apologize to McCann because he said something, that is also fine because McCann was telling him "don't pull that crap"

We have no idea if McCann or anyone on the Braves said anything to Johnson.

While Jose is not innocent in this, the fact that Redmond ONLY blamed him is what really pisses me off. If Redmond needs to say something to Jose so that he doesn't do it again, do so privately. But, Once in front of the cameras, BACK YOUR f***ING PLAYER UP. Don't put the blame on this sorely on the kid, and then chastise him to the media. His actions were a bit immature, but no worse than those of Chris Johnson or Evan Gattis, yet Redmond almost seemed apologetic to them. Furthermore, I have no problem with McCann, as he appeared to be trying to help Jose understand that his actions were immature, until CJ decided to join the party.

LoMO spoke the truth, and I loved his quote about how it was wrong that Jose got thrown under the bus by Redmond. Grow a pair, Mike.