Ed Lucas has non-displaced fracture in left hand

Guest Guest

f***ing hell. I can't believe we're going to have Solano to start the season.

How long do broken hands take to heal?

A lot longer that you think, considering I broke mine almost 2 months ago and just now out of a cast that didn't even allow my thumb to move. I'm still looking at another 2 1/2 weeks before I can assume unrestricted duty. The doctor told me I was a fast healer.

It all has to do with blood supply. A larger bone is sure to have better blood flow than many in the hand, which can be rather spotty.

Very sorry to Lucas and Furcal, on the other hand, the injured "Regular" players are a few at spring camp. I'm very relieved.

Stanton, Jones and Salty etc. almost every core hitters are fine as healthy, even rotation.

I've never seen like this before. Very competitive mood thru the camp.

Look at Rangers, Tigers and Braves. One team bought a player via short end trade. Some team still looking for replacement.

thats really terrible but something told me it would be a fracture when I heard the news. I mean Solano had a good spring but I am definitely a bigger fan of Lucas who is more versatile as well. I can't stand these late injuries.

This is why you have depth. As much as I love Lucas on the bench, Solano is fine in the same role because we have Jeff Baker. Without Baker, this would blow.

I dunno I'm just assuming they have to do some sort of operation for a hand fracture. I'll defer to Ed Lucas on the matter though.

Lol I'm pretty sure your all just playing around but for anyone wondering it's a nondisplaced fracture so, like Dietrichs nose, I'm pretty certain there's no surgery needed and it pretty much heals on it's own. Which is also why he's pretty lucky, it could have been worse .

My hope is that they start Dietrich at second and Baker at first against lefties. Probably won't happen, though, but whatever.

Well... kind of works out Furcal is hurt. Dietrich against righties, Baker at second against lefties. Until Furcal is healthy, then Dietrich goes to AAA and hopefully by then Jones sucks so bad against LHP that Baker starts to platoon over there. It should work itself out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.