Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ed Lucas has non-displaced fracture in left hand

Featured Replies

Fucking hell. I can't believe we're going to have Solano to start the season.

 

How long do broken hands take to heal?

f***ing hell. I can't believe we're going to have Solano to start the season.

 

How long do broken hands take to heal?

 

A lot longer that you think, considering I broke mine almost 2 months ago and just now out of a cast that didn't even allow my thumb to move. I'm still looking at another 2 1/2 weeks before I can assume unrestricted duty. The doctor told me I was a fast healer.

 

It all has to do with blood supply. A larger bone is sure to have better blood flow than many in the hand, which can be rather spotty.

Well at least it's a non displaced fracture so he could be back sooner rather than later . And I'm not worried about Solano just cuz he's a backup, and at least he wasn't given the starting job.

thats really terrible but something told me it would be a fracture when I heard the news. I mean Solano had a good spring but I am definitely a bigger fan of Lucas who is more versatile as well. I can't stand these late injuries.

Alvarez got drilled by a liner by Skippy down on the back fields today too, I heard the trainer ask if they could take the next couple of days off until opening day

Very sorry to Lucas and Furcal, on the other hand, the injured "Regular" players are a few at spring camp. I'm very relieved.

Stanton, Jones and Salty etc. almost every core hitters are fine as healthy, even rotation.

 

I've never seen like this before. Very competitive mood thru the camp.

Look at Rangers, Tigers and Braves. One team bought a player via short end trade. Some team still looking for replacement.

thats really terrible but something told me it would be a fracture when I heard the news. I mean Solano had a good spring but I am definitely a bigger fan of Lucas who is more versatile as well. I can't stand these late injuries.

This is why you have depth. As much as I love Lucas on the bench, Solano is fine in the same role because we have Jeff Baker. Without Baker, this would blow.

This sucks. Still, I'd rather them get the injury bug out of the way early.

Alvarez got drilled by a liner by Skippy down on the back fields today too, I heard the trainer ask if they could take the next couple of days off until opening day

Fucking Skipworth, can't do shit right.

I dunno I'm just assuming they have to do some sort of operation for a hand fracture. I'll defer to Ed Lucas on the matter though.

 

Lol I'm pretty sure your all just playing around but for anyone wondering it's a nondisplaced fracture so, like Dietrichs nose, I'm pretty certain there's no surgery needed and it pretty much heals on it's own. Which is also why he's pretty lucky, it could have been worse .

This was a freak accident, but I think we could have seen Furcal not being healthy from a mile away. I mean he's 36 and didn't play last year due to injury.

That's not too bad, I guess. I just hope they don't get enamored with Solano during that time. This guy has a knack for just sticking..

That's not too bad, I guess. I just hope they don't get enamored with Solano during that time. This guy has a knack for just sticking..

 

Hopefully it will be hard to talk about him while he's on the bench.

My hope is that they start Dietrich at second and Baker at first against lefties. Probably won't happen, though, but whatever.

 

Well... kind of works out Furcal is hurt. Dietrich against righties, Baker at second against lefties. Until Furcal is healthy, then Dietrich goes to AAA and hopefully by then Jones sucks so bad against LHP that Baker starts to platoon over there. It should work itself out.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.