Dobbs DFA, Lucas returns

Admin

Damn guys, WildCard was just saying Preston had a nice season that year, park factor and advanced stats are all in play here but that's way beyond what he was getting at. I don't agree with all his posts either but sometimes you guys jump on him for every little detail.

He had absolutely no point other than an ill-advised attempt at zinging me, so jumping on his ignorance here is completely warranted.

Yep, how dare wildcard attempt to question the great Johnny with his "advanced statistics." Maybe the great Johnny should teach him and all of us from his extensive background and experience.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Some people are unteachable. You would have expected him to pick some stuff up by now considering how many people on this board use statistics (not just me).

You don't seem to have picked up that the Colorado Rockies are still a major league baseball team and you can't discredit things people accomplish there simply because they play their games in Colorado. Troy Tulowitski might be a top 3 player in the game, but by your standard, he's probably not even top 20. "IT'S DA BALLPARK", you say. So in your opinion Todd Helton is not a possible HOF candidate because he's a career long Rockie.

Let me give you an example outside Colorado. Giancarlo Stanton has MUCH better numbers at Marlins Park opposed to the road, yet, it's one of the worst ballparks for hitters in the game. So because Preston Wilson hit better at home, his season is meaningless? MOST players hit better at home, no matter where home is.

BTW, You STILL have yet to answer how many players have posted a 140+ RBI season in the past 20 years.

You might know numbers, that's about all you know. You're a moron.

So in your opinion Todd Helton is not a possible HOF candidate because he's a career long Rockie.

Based on his career, it seems like Coors Field did indeed inflate Todd Helton's numbers. If this is your example, it's not exactly a great one.

You don't seem to have picked up that the Colorado Rockies are still a major league baseball team and you can't discredit things people accomplish there simply because they play their games in Colorado. Troy Tulowitski might be a top 3 player in the game, but by your standard, he's probably not even top 20. "IT'S DA BALLPARK", you say. So in your opinion Todd Helton is not a possible HOF candidate because he's a career long Rockie.

Let me give you an example outside Colorado. Giancarlo Stanton has MUCH better numbers at Marlins Park opposed to the road, yet, it's one of the worst ballparks for hitters in the game. So because Preston Wilson hit better at home, his season is meaningless? MOST players hit better at home, no matter where home is.

BTW, You STILL have yet to answer how many players have posted a 140+ RBI season in the past 20 years.

You might know numbers, that's about all you know. You're a moron.

A few posts ago you agreed that park factors were a thing and now you are basically negating that. It's a simple fact that some parks drastically inflate numbers and a player's performance can only be accurately evaluated when it is normalized with respect to the park factors. Helton's numbers were absolutely inflated by Coors and that needs to be taken into consideration by the HOF voters.

As for the Stanton thing, it's pretty clear that you do not understand how park factors and stats like OPS+ work. They are tabulated upon league-wide performance at that particular park and do not directly take into consideration of "home vs. away." Secondly, while Stanton has hit better at Marlins Park than on the road, you cannot assume this is categorically the case for all hitters. Your logic is nonsensical there.

The number of players who have put up 140+ RBIs is completely meaningless to me for several reasons. First, RBIs are a counting stat and one that is not completely individual to a player. Second, in Wilson's case where his performance was handicapped by Coors, his position on any such list should be viewed with scrutiny and skepticism. We use advanced statistics mostly to cut through the skewed numbers that some parks can create.

This makes no sense.

I admit it plays a factor, I just don't think where a player plays can be held against them.

Tulo is a great example. Of course he hits better at Coors, but he's one of the best players in the game regardless. If you disagree god help you.

Repeating basically the exact same nonsensical line doesn't help it make any more sense.

Anyway, Tulo is a great player, but he isn't as great as his standard stat line shows. He's as good as the park adjusted stat line shows.

Yep, how dare wildcard attempt to question the great Johnny with his "advanced statistics." Maybe the great Johnny should teach him and all of us from his extensive background and experience.

:( I didn't even say anything

Just to throw out some more ridiculous home road splits for the Rockies, here's TROY TULOWITZKI! :D

Split    G GS PA AB  R  H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO   BA  OBP   SLG   OPS TB
Home    13 13 55 44 16 26  6  0  4  17  0  0  9  4 .591 .655 1.000 1.655 44
Away    17 16 69 56 13 14  4  1  3   8  0  0 12 10 .250 .377  .518  .895 29

LOOK AT THAT HOME SLASH LINE! WHAT IN THE FUCK!

Just to throw out some more ridiculous home road splits for the Rockies, here's TROY TULOWITZKI! :D

Split    G GS PA AB  R  H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO   BA  OBP   SLG   OPS TB
Home    13 13 55 44 16 26  6  0  4  17  0  0  9  4 .591 .655 1.000 1.655 44
Away    17 16 69 56 13 14  4  1  3   8  0  0 12 10 .250 .377  .518  .895 29

LOOK AT THAT HOME SLASH LINE! WHAT IN THE f***!

if/when Stanton leaves the Marlins, I hope he goes to Colorado.

100 home runs a year