Jose placed on DL with right elbow sprain

No. They didn't have much of a chance even with Fernandez in rotation. They probably will lose about 4 games more now with him out of the picture no matter who they replace him with.

I just don't get it. Hand has been arguably the worst pitcher still on the team. We have good talent in AAA. But we just give the spot to Hand. It's almost as if they just said "screw it" and got lazy.

Just fresh air man, nothing else. We've won twenty games so far, Jose is responsible for about five of them. Whatever helped us win the other fifteen is still here. That's all I'm saying.

It's not likely to stay that way. There are a bunch of guys performing above their projections and career norms.

I just don't get it. Hand has been arguably the worst pitcher still on the team. We have good talent in AAA. But we just give the spot to Hand. It's almost as if they just said "screw it" and got lazy.

First, I think you are overrating the guys in AAA and it's not even a guarantee that they match Hand's production. Second, Hand was only given two starts this season and it couldn't hurt to give them a couple more before they cut him loose due to a lack of options. It's not like people are saying that Hand should be guaranteed a spot from now through September. I think you fail to understand that.

It's not likely to stay that way. There are a bunch of guys performing above their projections and career norms.

Yeah totally agree but that was bound to happen with Jose healthy too, which is obvious. I dunno, maybe I'm misreading it but I feel like some people are thinking we won't win another game this year just cuz Jose is gone.

Yeah totally agree but that was bound to happen with Jose healthy too, which is obvious. I dunno, maybe I'm misreading it but I feel like some people are thinking we won't win another game this year just cuz Jose is gone.

If the regression was bound to happen with Jose around anyway, that's exactly why you throw in the towel.

The point is give someone else a shot. Hand is horrible.

He's gotten two starts this season. I wouldn't call that much of a shot.

I'm not high on Hand overall, but I agree with Erick in saying that under the present circumstances the Marlins would be wise to start with Hand and then proceed from there.

I would like to see el penguino say one positive thing about this team. It would be a welcome change.

It's like having Eeyore on the board.

What have I said in this thread that's more pessimistic than what anyone else has said? Or far from reality?

Spike is the one who said that Fernandez has become Matt Morris now and then you call me out for negativity? I'm not saying anything that isn't objectively supported by stats.

I'm not saying it's incredibly awful that Fernandez is hurt and the season is in jeopardy. That is true. But the whining and complaining in this thread and on the board has been ridiculous.

We get it, some of the pitchers are overperforming and some of the hitters are overperforming. Regression will happen.

But nobody ever mentions that the bullpen won't be this bad forever. The defense will improve. Some of the hitters we have on this team MAY actually be improving.

I'm not calling this a playoff team. I'm not that crazy right now. But even without Jose, the talent on this team is real, and giving up on us right now is unbelievably ridiculous. We're still over .500, we've still got 3 pitchers who have been pitching ridiculously well.

Oh, and we have that guy Giancarlo Stanton. He's fun to watch sometimes.

So the team will move on from the injury. There's was a time when we didn't even think Fernandez would be in the major leagues until 2015 anyway.. We still have enough talent on this roster to compete.