Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Squalls sources say :

Featured Replies

Mark Trumbo

 

 

 

That's the name I just heard, anyone else excited and mortified at the same time?

Well, that's definitely some pop but like most of our other options after laroche and possibly Morse, I'm not sure I like the idea of giving up much for him.

As I said in the other thread, he's only at best average offensively for a 1B but he is a plus defensively at the position.

 

It's an upgrade, just not all that good of one. But we're not really looking at getting a big time upgrade anyway.

 

 

Ok, Trumbo. But I think Dbacks would want Heaney for him, definitely.

 

 

Why is it that people think every first baseman we're targeting Heaney has to somehow be involved in the deal?

 

No, Heaney would not be involved in any trade for Trumbo, and trading him for Trumbo would be moronic. I don't know what the value for Trumbo would be, but you have to believe it would be some mid level prospects at best.

 

 

Yea, it would be great if the DBacks want to sell low on Trumbo. I'm certain the Marlins would be in on that, FO loves him and made a big push until the price got too high. Timing is certainly right.

  • Author

Yeah Trumbo won't cost us Heaney but I've heard absolutely nothing about this happening

 

 

 

Chuck richter of Squalls sources. Com confirms this.

trumbo for flynn and an 18 year old not taken in the first 4 rounds I would be okay with. That is no risk from us and another potential bat to write into first base. Not a sure thing but gives us three high risk options Bour, Jones, and Trumbo between that i think there is a league average to above average(with some luck) first basemen. So yeah, lets do it.

 

 

The Dog is not excited by this trade.

 

I know we haven't had a quality 1B since ... that one Gaby Sanchez season, but we can do better, surely?

 

Do the front office go by any other stat then "Has been an All-Star (Y/N)" ? We could star in the sequel to Moneyball ... Dodgyball.

 

At least Jonah Hill would have an excuse to put all his weight back on to play Loria.

 

 

Honestly, I'd rather just give Bour a shot. Big boy has pop, probably much better defender than Jones.

 

 

 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I have no qualms with giving Bour the shot over Jones but I'd rather have neither one start.

 

 

 

I'm glad that the FO gave him an audition, hopefully they find a team that wants Jones.

Tired of filling holes with shit. Can we be a real team for once and not think old, shit, washedup players can somehow find the game again and carry the team to the postseason? It's great to try it to get lucky and be a little better, but fuck we do this every damn season at 2+ positions.

 

 

 

Trumbo is only 28 though. He's one of the better options that's realistically available.

 

Also, it's crazy to me how many people want to give a guy in his upper 20's with a career milb ops barely above .800 the starting 1b job on what should be a contending team because he had one good year in the PCL

Trumbo is only 28 though. He's one of the better options that's realistically available.

 

Also, it's crazy to me how many people want to give a guy in his upper 20's with a career milb ops barely above .800 the starting 1b job on what should be a contending team because he had one good year in the PCL

 

 

Well that's only because we are desperate as fans to upgrade at 1st base.

 

Anybody but Jones > Jones

 

 

Well that's only because we are desperate as fans to upgrade at 1st base.

 

Anybody but Jones > Jones

 

 

I get that but it's people saying things like they'd rather have Bour than Trumbo.

 

That's just crazy.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.