August 16, 20179 yr Fox Business report featuring the first public comments from MLB commissioner Rob Manfred about the sale. According to Manfred, all financials have been submitted and the sale will now go under review: http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/08/15/derek-jeters-1-2b-miami-marlins-bid-headed-to-mlb-for-ok.html I really hope Mas joins the group. They are going to need the $.
August 16, 20179 yr Based on what Samson has said recently, that most definitely won't happen. I'm guessing it's because Jeter wants total control and Mas is less inclined to sit back and let him run it than Sherman would be. Loria's like a damn fanboy with everything Yankees. Hey why do a deal with a local guy down here when you can touch a living legend like JETER! I'll be happy regardless. Still...
August 16, 20179 yr Based on what Samson has said recently, that most definitely won't happen. I'm guessing it's because Jeter wants total control and Mas is less inclined to sit back and let him run it than Sherman would be. Samson pretty strongly denied those reports, yet they keep popping up with every story. So is every reporter following this story wrong? I think MLB would love Mas involved, so it'll be interesting to see if it eventually happens.
August 16, 20179 yr Samson pretty strongly denied those reports, yet they keep popping up with every story. So is every reporter following this story wrong? I think MLB would love Mas involved, so it'll be interesting to see if it eventually happens. Link?
August 17, 20179 yr Not sure if this was posted, but it looks like most of us on here got our wish-Jeter wants the sculpture gone!!! Some might say the funds can be put elsewhere, however I believe this is necessary in the process of legitimizing the marlins as a "real" baseball team and not this ridiculous ridiculous circus act loria created. https://www.local10.com/sports/mlb/marlins/jeter-wants-to-axe-marlins-park-home-run-sculpture-report-says
August 17, 20179 yr I want him to sell it off piece by piece. I'd totally buy a shard of that garbage to fashion into a shank to skewer all of the asshat cardinals fans at the ballpark.
August 17, 20179 yr I want him to sell it off piece by piece. I'd totally buy a shard of that garbage to fashion into a shank to skewer all of the asshat cardinals fans at the ballpark. Is that a new thing? Why are there cards fans, just because?
August 17, 20179 yr Is that a new thing? Why are there cards fans, just because? Because when the cardinals play the marlins, there are cardinals fans in the stands.
August 17, 20179 yr Because when the cardinals play the marlins, there are cardinals fans in the stands. Cards fans are not bad. They are not obnoxious or loud in my experience. Their children usually are well behaved at games. They have good southern manners knowing they are guests in someone else home.
August 17, 20179 yr The only Cardinals fans I dont like are Cardinals fans that used to be Marlins fans
August 17, 20179 yr Because when the cardinals play the marlins, there are cardinals fans in the stands. That would make sense. Just seemed random, as we haven't played the Cardinals in months. Can they be worse than Mets fans?
August 17, 20179 yr That would make sense. Just seemed random, as we haven't played the Cardinals in months. Can they be worse than Mets fans? Is anything on this planet worse than a mets fan?
August 17, 20179 yr Is anything on this planet worse than a mets fan? A Mets fan that pretends to be a Marlins fan by running a Marlins fan website.
August 17, 20179 yr Is anything on this planet worse than a mets fan? A Mets fan who creates a Marlins forum and gives admin power to a Cardinals fan
August 17, 20179 yr Both of you make excellent points. Although das has no real power. The mets fans are like luke skywalker and issac newton. Both of these things are going out tonight and then fighting for force.
August 18, 20179 yr Is anything on this planet worse than a mets fan? how about their mascot giving up
August 18, 20179 yr Yes, all along it has been that Jeter will try to find a new role for Samson. Janitor !
August 18, 20179 yr Besides being the right move, I imagine all other owners wanted to hear this as part of the bid. The franchise needs a clean break from the current regime.
August 18, 20179 yr Barry Jackson ✔ @flasportsbuzz As Dan Le Batard reported, new Marlins ownership plans to hire new top executive to replace David Samson, source confirmed.Samson to move on If MLB commissioner is telling the owners that Samson is out, it makes me believe the owners' vote is a foregone conclusion.
August 18, 20179 yr Barry Jackson ✔ @flasportsbuzz As Dan Le Batard reported, new Marlins ownership plans to hire new top executive to replace David Samson, source confirmed.Samson to move on If MLB commissioner is telling the owners that Samson is out, it makes me believe the owners' vote is a foregone conclusion. It likely is anyway. The league was pretty involved in the process, so I can't imagine that the bid gets to this point without being acceptable to the league. Also I can't see the league embarrassing Jeter by rejecting his bid now that he's got it this far.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.