Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Loria agrees to sell Miami Marlins to Sherman and Jeter.

Featured Replies

Just wonder how many percentages increasing in the FA's willingness to signed here now ?

 

no different than before - offer the most and 98% of the time you'll win

 

 

no different than before - offer the most and 98% of the time you'll win

 

So we just got the 2% that you would loss even with the most offers in the Chapman and Jensen…

 

 

Something really dumb in this article is:

 

While Jeter will be happily embraced by MLB as its only African-American owner, he will have to answer to others in a way that he hasn’t for most of his adult life.

 

Jeter is not the only black owner in mlb. There are other (black) minority owners. Jesus fucking christ, Olney, get your shit together. 

 

 

Oh boy, this might stir things up a bit. lol

 

Derek Jeter will bring old-school baseball style to the owner’s box

 

Jeter believes in scouting, talent, heart and soul, and he will look to fill the Marlins roster with the same kind of winning player he was during his 20-year championship career with the Yankees. In doing so he will slow down the rush to analytics that is now being portrayed the answer to all of baseball’s questions.

 

Consider this comment Jeter made to me at his locker several years before he retired.

 

“Everything is about numbers today, this game is more than numbers, buddy,’’ Jeter said. He went on to point out the value of scouting, the value of allowing a player to think for himself and not becoming a numbers robot.

 

 

 

When the Agels were sold to Disney they tweaked the team logo and unis transitioning into the disaster pinstripes and erected A logo.

 

Once new owners took over in the early 2000's they changed the Disney colors n design. So I'm hoping the new owners would do something to move on from the Loria era.

 

The Angels do provide some precedent for a uniform move like is being discussed.  The White Sox have a history of radical uniform redesigns.  The Astros and Blue Jays also provide examples of teams leaving a design only to return to it to some degree.  I think the difference here though is that (and this is obviously a matter of taste) both Marlins designs are good (IMO). 

 

If this new ownership group is going to be preoccupied with reversing whatever poor karma is associated with the club as a result of Loria’s grubby paws things like sculptures and uniforms are all window dressing.  The stadium financing (the deal, the lying leading up to it, the tactics over the years) is the primary reason.  So good luck to them on that.  For me it isn’t worth spending emotional capital worrying about stuff like that.  If you are a baseball fan (which anyone reading this board with regularity clearly is a baseball fan) then the big concern has to be the direction of baseball operations and the comments leaking from Jeter about scouting are the most alarming. 

 

 

Geez...everything I read says that we are going from one hopeless situation to another one.

 

I am really tired of this.

 

 

You could in theory have a whole new front office with the exact same philosophies as the previous front office and still have a better outcome here.

 

Does that make sense?

 

Jeter and company could do things the Mike Hill way (eye test and other outdated evaluation methods) and probably still do it better than Mike Hill. 

 

 

1)Change the green walls to teal.

 

2)Remove the homerun sculpture.

 

3)Change the team colors back to teal.

 

4)Change the seat colors to teal from blue.

 

 

1)Change the green walls to teal.

 

2)Remove the homerun sculpture.

 

3)Change the team colors back to teal.

 

4)Change the seat colors to teal from blue.

 

Agreed on all this. Also want the logo changed back to something like this

 

[ATTACH]1568._xfImport[/ATTACH]

 

IMG_2802.JPG.548d512a8abb959ebf3876ffb4f1ed98.JPG

1)Change the green walls to teal.

 

2)Remove the homerun sculpture.

 

3)Change the team colors back to teal.

 

4)Change the seat colors to teal from blue.

 

Those changes require a lot of $, especially 1 & 4, I would personally rather spend on improving the team/staff.  To me that's just wasting $.  It could be done later when the park needs to be refurbished.  Redoing/tweaking the logo and changing colors could bring in $ through sales of Marlins merchandise.  I would suspect there would be a lot of sales because some would feel they were snubbing their noses at Loria.  Changing the walls and seats do nothing but change the park visually.  It doesn't improve it.

 

 

Those changes require a lot of $, especially 1 & 4, I would personally rather spend on improving the team/staff.  To me that's just wasting $.  It could be done later when the park needs to be refurbished.  Redoing/tweaking the logo and changing colors could bring in $ through sales of Marlins merchandise.  I would suspect there would be a lot of sales because some would feel they were snubbing their noses at Loria.  Changing the walls and seats do nothing but change the park visually.  It doesn't improve it.

 

The Seat change will only be about 10 million.

 

 

Agreed on all this. Also want the logo changed back to something like this

 

[ATTACH]1568[/ATTACH]

 

I know I'm one of the few, but I'm not really interested in either version of the Marlins uniforms. I'd be all for something different. 

 

 

I travel a LOT... part of my work means I'm constantly traveling on the road, I will tell you that i see more random casual folks wearing Marlins hats than any other team hat all over the place. You guys might not like the logo because it's not a traditional baseball logo, however it is desired by many that want a trendy looking baseball cap. I see people wearing Marlins headwear in small rural Kentucky, in the Georgia mountains, small towns in Tennessee. People in small towns look up to the flashy lifestyle of Miami that the current logo demonstrates. A lot of them hope to one day make it down here and wearing that cap allows them to live that even if it's just wearing a random baseball cap. There's also a lot of people that just like the colorful aspect of it and will buy it just because it looks cool to them. When I first saw the new uniforms, I was terrified. I was actually in team clubhouse with a few people just before they announced it. Emilio Estefan was wearing the jersey, everyone in the clubhouse was stoked. I however wanted to puke in disgust. To add to the situation, pit bull ran on stage and performed a few songs. Lol

 

But throughout the years, it has grown on me drastically. I will hate to see the new branding go.  

 

Ultimately from a branding state of mind, you want to create a brand that transcends your market. You want people that have never gone to a baseball game to wear your gear because it looks cool. Yeah, there are a lot of hardcore baseball fans. But there are FAR more people on earth that don't give a crap about it. Tap into that market, and you'll see a lot of growth. 

 

 

Sad,we're winning but meaningless at all,I'm done watching Frisaro's tweets about trading everyone after this season,so many fans of this team just want to trade everyone away…how could I keep my passion to this team ?

 

 

Sad,we're winning but meaningless at all,I'm done watching Frisaro's tweets about trading everyone after this season,so many fans of this team just want to trade everyone away…how could I keep my passion to this team ?

 

I understand your point and everyone else where they want to trade to rebuild the team. But the marlins as they stand they might be two good SP's away from contention. The other issue is the financing. Can the Marlins handle their upcoming increase of payroll plus FA's?

 

 

I understand your point and everyone else where they want to trade to rebuild the team. But the marlins as they stand they might be two good SP's away from contention. The other issue is the financing. Can the Marlins handle their upcoming increase of payroll plus FA's?

 

Who knows? TUNE IN THIS OFFSEASON FOR THE BIG REVEAL!

 

 

I like every version of Marlins uniforms.  If I could though I would change the number font to the standard font most teams use for numbers and eliminate the drop shadow.  It would clean it up and the shirt would be really sharp.  When they first revealed the hat I thought the logo was too big but I've come around on it.  

 

Best upgrade would be a couple SPs. 

 

 

The Seat change will only be about 10 million.

 

And it can pay a lot of player salaries who are currently playing.  OR help bring in SP.  I much rather invest in the players then what I put my ass it.  IMO.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.