Paul Severino named new Play by Play guy

SonOfJack

N I wanted Braun but good hire. Severino definitely doesn't suck. 

They interviewed by calling a game alongside Hollandsworth? Oh man. That means the winner was probably the guy who waited the longest before punching Hollandsworth in the mouth.

You only wanted Braun cause he makes your taint tingle....either that or I’m projecting my own feelings on the situation.

I wanted Braun but good hire. Severino definitely doesn't suck. 

They interviewed by calling a game alongside Hollandsworth? Oh man. That means the winner was probably the guy who waited the longest before punching Hollandsworth in the mouth.

I legit was thinking about that this morning. Only issues I have really had with this ownership is crappy PR and the firing of Rich Waltz. They needed to get rid of Holly as well. 

Braun or Severino were the guys I would have liked to have gotten the job. Glad Severino got it.

Excellent statement from him...

“I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am to live out my dream as the voice of a Major League team,” Severino, a native of Bristol, Conn., said in a statement. “I’m grateful to Fox Sports Florida for affording me this wonderful opportunity. As the Marlins build toward a level of sustained success, I’m thrilled to be able to have the best seat in the house and, along with Todd Hollandsworth and our production team, bring the fans closer to this promising young club. I’m looking forward to making Miami my home and becoming a part of the Marlins baseball community year round."

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article197618774.html

Article also says the Marlins had an influence in him being chosen. 

Ive really gotta think that the firing of Waltz had only to do with his salary, and i think that would be a Sun decision more than a marlins decision.  I think they recognized a full rebuild was coming and only thing i can think of is that he had a large salary because marlins fans liked him and he's been here quite a while at this point.  

Still doesnt make much sense to me, but it also doesnt really matter to me who calls the games as long as I dont have to listen to those Rays announcers ever.

I wanted Braun but good hire. Severino definitely doesn't suck. 

What's wrong with Holly?? He wasn't the best but he's alright.

What's wrong with Holly?? He wasn't the best but he's alright.

He's not horrible but too many times he is trying to make a point and rambles off and ends up on an unrelated tangent and never gets to the point he was trying to make. He has a hard time condensing his thoughts into shortened points. It drives me nuts when I hear him do it.  

he's awful. he's annoying and just sounds like a complete uneducated hack who drinks way too many energy drinks.  I actually preferred Preston over Hollandsworth - and that's just sad.

I think Hollandsworth is decent.  I think he likes the sound of his own voice way too much, but Preston Wilson sucks.  He's a decent studio guy but i hate him as the play by play guy.

Person who annoys me most was Jessica Blaylock.  She is awful.  Seems nice enough, but her sideline reports are almost always stupid stuff just fooling around.  Some of that is ok, but some good info on the actual team itself would be nice.  Craig does a nice job balancing it.

Person who annoys me most was Jessica Blaylock.  She is awful.  Seems nice enough, but her sideline reports are almost always stupid stuff just fooling around.  Some of that is ok, but some good info on the actual team itself would be nice.  Craig does a nice job balancing it.

To be fair that's what's given to her. She doesn't get to pick what she reports on. Neither does Craig. Both of them are given their content.