Sea creature race abolished

SonOfJack

Not that it bothers me that this is gone but this sea creature race thing also didn't hurt anyone. Plenty of teams have things like this, including teams that are considered "professional."

It makes me wonder how far Jeter is gonna go to make this organization "seem" professional because I think there's a fine line between professional and boring.

You can have a mascot race and still be a professional organization but you can also NOT have a mascot race and still be a joke of an organization. 

Not that it bothers me that this is gone but this sea creature race thing also didn't hurt anyone. Plenty of teams have things like this, including teams that are considered "professional."

It makes me wonder how far Jeter is gonna go to make this organization "seem" professional because I think there's a fine line between professional and boring.

You can have a mascot race and still be a professional organization but you can also NOT have a mascot race and still be a joke of an organization. 

Also,  kids. 

Kids love baseball and kids love sea creature races.  

Maybe there will still be races but with different characters?

If the Yankees suddenly added a mid-game mascot race would their organization suddenly become a minor league level joke or would they still be associated with a winning atmosphere and a winning culture?

I guess it’s like the difference between me and Chris hemsworth in a tank top. He looks great and I look like jello in a fishnet.