Small sample size but...

Ocean Blue

Ive never been more disillusioned with this team than I am this season. I’ve been through other fire sales and rebuilds but this one is just depressing. I really hope I’m wrong, but everything about Brinson’s long ass swing tells me he’s gonna be a bust. Unless he changes it up completely, it’s going to be exploited. And of course I didn’t expect the pitching to be any good this year or even next year for that matter, but god damn it! It’s like when the marlins play UM out there every game (minus a couple of guys who have done well)

Ive never been more disillusioned with this team than I am this season. I’ve been through other fire sales and rebuilds but this one is just depressing. I really hope I’m wrong, but everything about Brinson’s long ass swing tells me he’s gonna be a bust. Unless he changes it up completely, it’s going to be exploited. And of course I didn’t expect the pitching to be any good this year or even next year for that matter, but god damn it! It’s like when the marlins play UM out there every game (minus a couple of guys who have done well)

Brinson, at this point seems to be Cameron Maybin 2.0, and how ironic is it that 1.0 is right next to him on the field

Yeah, it's such a small sample size that it isn't really worth being concerned over.

I really wish Brinson would have started the season in AAA though. That's where he clearly needs to be, and now we're going to use an That's where he clearly needs to be, and now we're going to have to use an option to get him there. No sense in letting his service clock tick.

Yeah, it's such a small sample size that it isn't really worth being concerned over.

I really wish Brinson would have started the season in AAA though. That's where he clearly needs to be, and now we're going to use an That's where he clearly needs to be, and now we're going to have to use an option to get him there. No sense in letting his service clock tick.

We would have used an option if we had sent him down before Opening Day too. Just saying. There was no way around that one. 

You're right.  Slipped past me.  I forgot he was part of a ML roster before the trade.

It's not that. It's that he was on the Marlins 40 man roster already and anyone who gets sent down from the 40 man roster uses an option. So, for example, Magnerius Sierra? An option had to be used to send him down. 

I could understand keeping Brinson up for the growing pains if service time/club controlled years weren't at stake, but what the Marlins are doing with him is pretty irresponsible.

I wonder if Jeter had the final say on this. This is exactly the type of thing Mike Hill would have done if Loria were still the owner.

they will send him down soon if it keeps up, and if that happens they will have gotten lucky for a bad decision to even have him up to begin the year.  I said all spring his K/bb insinuated the struggles that have now come to fruition.  He is still a great defensive CF though so thats a positive.  He doesnt need to be a .900+ ops guy to be a really damn good player once he figures the bat out.

It's not that. It's that he was on the Marlins 40 man roster already and anyone who gets sent down from the 40 man roster uses an option. So, for example, Magnerius Sierra? An option had to be used to send him down. 

Right again.

All stuff I used to know, but haven't thought about any of it in ages...

Thanks for the refresher...