Brinson

no, no it wasnt.  you not understanding it doesnt mean it doesnt have a justification.

Whats there to understand? The numbers speak for themselves.  He’s the worst player in the NL right now.  I can’t recall any highly touted prospect being this bad.  I don’t expect Miguel Cabrera type numbers and even something in the low 200s would suffice but he’s striking out a shit ton and hitting in the 150s.  It’s beyond atrocious at this point.....

Whats there to understand? The numbers speak for themselves.  He’s the worst player in the NL right now.  I can’t recall any highly touted prospect being this bad.  I don’t expect Miguel Cabrera type numbers and even something in the low 200s would suffice but he’s striking out a shit ton and hitting in the 150s.  It’s beyond atrocious at this point.....

You're judging Brinson on two months when that trade was clearly intended to pay off over a long period of time. It was obvious Yelich would be better in 2019. This trade was not done because they thought Brinson would be as good as Yelich in 2018. 

You're judging Brinson on two months when that trade was clearly intended to pay off over a long period of time. It was obvious Yelich would be better in 2019. This trade was not done because they thought Brinson would be as good as Yelich in 2018. 

No one and not me certainly expected instant results but a highly touted number 1 has to show more in 2 months of work.  The guy is the worst hitter among qualified players in baseball.  It seemed like the Brewers knew something the Fish didn’t and were quick to pull the trigger and it’s showing why.  I can’t think of one player ever that turned out to be a stud that has started out this bad for over 2 months off the bat.  With each passing game, it’s more clear that the guy is lost at the plate and doesn’t belong up here...

No one and not me certainly expected instant results but a highly touted number 1 has to show more in 2 months of work.  

Roy Halladay was a top prospect, but he struggled so much early on that he was demoted to Single-A. Sometimes guys take longer to click at the big league level and sustain that production.

No one and not me certainly expected instant results but a highly touted number 1 has to show more in 2 months of work.  The guy is the worst hitter among qualified players in baseball.  It seemed like the Brewers knew something the Fish didn’t and were quick to pull the trigger and it’s showing why.  I can’t think of one player ever that turned out to be a stud that has started out this bad for over 2 months off the bat.  With each passing game, it’s more clear that the guy is lost at the plate and doesn’t belong up here...

In the grand scheme of things 2 months is basically expecting instant results. Again, 2 months is nothing at this point and you're judging this trade too soon. 

In the grand scheme of things 2 months is basically expecting instant results. Again, 2 months is nothing at this point and you're judging this trade too soon. 

Well, most of us (I think) believe that he shouldn't have been here to start in the first place - if for no other reason than just service time.  Beyond that, I'll agree, you can't necessarily expect instant results, but you'd expect to see some kind of improvement - identifying pitches better, walking a bit more - something, but it doesn't seem like that's happening.

Roy Halladay was a top prospect, but he struggled so much early on that he was demoted to Single-A. Sometimes guys take longer to click at the big league level and sustain that production.

How many times have I told you to not use facts and logic when arguing a point?

I’ve said it plenty of times and I’ll say it again. He will NEVER succeed if all remains as is. Miguel Cabreras stance was super open when he got here and they closed it cause he was susceptible to the outside pitch. Same thing with Stanton. Something needs to be done to shorten his swing and keep him on the outside slider. If they fix him mechanically then there’s a chance, but there’s no way he can have success on both sides of the plate when he literally spins open to catch an inside fastball leaving him helpless on outside offspeed pitches. 

Yesterday in the first inning our hitters were treating the Padres starter like a rec league pitcher and Brinson comes up to the plate and pops the ball straight up.  He is lost at the plate and that's got to be affecting him mentally.  Plus, you've got guys who are simply better hitters right now than him (Dietrich, Maybin) getting days off while Brinson plays every day.    Without looking it up, I would wager that Brinson has had more starts this season than anyone.  They are doing a disservice to him and his future to keep him up.

Here’s the thing, though..........(and I totally get he needs to be sent down)........

if Brinson was having a very successful season offensively but was terrible on defense, he wouldn’t be getting nearly as much hate. 

Elite defense isnt sexy.  OPS is sexy.