Victor Victor officially declared free agent

Bazen

During an interview released today hosted by Aram from the Fish Bites Podcast, Craig Mish mentions he believes that the team that offers the most money to the Mesa’s will get them.

Craig also believes the Mesa’s will sign by next week and Miami is their favorite city. How Miami aquiers the pool money to sign them will be the story to fallow.

Another note, there’s a third ”unnamed team” that’s extremely intrested in aquaring the Mesa’s aside from Baltimore and Miami.

Craig also believes the Mesa’s will sign by next week and Miami is their favorite city. How Miami aquiers the pool money to sign them will be the story to fallow.

Another note, there’s a third ”unnamed team” that’s extremely intrested in aquaring the Mesa’s aside from Baltimore and Miami.

I believe Straily and Dietrich (no more to weaken our farm system) would be the biggest trade chips to acquire those pool money.

Yes and he’s also clueless. There are plenty of low payroll teams who have been way more competitive in the last 15 years.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but at the same time, if Loria went over Hill and ok'd moves that shipped out players that would've helped us over the last few years and now (we have many examples of this....Paddack for Rodney, deals for Cashner, the move for Benedict, etc.), it's hard to place blame solely on Hill.  I'm not defending him by any means - I've thought since we got new ownership that a new GM should've been brought in, and Hill could've been kept on in another role as "the guy" that new the system - I'm just saying that I think he has been hamstrung by Loria making moves over him.  That said, aside from the Gordon deal, the trades last offseason have obviously left a lot to be desired.

We should most definitely deal Straily and Derek since they might even be non-tendered going forward. Get whatever you can for them to help land these studs.

I don't mind trading them, but the idea of non-tendering them as if they make some astronomical amounts is absolutely stupid.

We have 6.05MM bonus money now and it's possible the next trade would make it over the 6.70MM that the O's have now,the O's have issues in their front office and knowing it's difficult to outbid us due to the advantage we have in the Cuban culture things,so don't expect them to try to increase their amount in the pool money,as for the mystery team there have no any report about any team other than us trying to acquire the pool money so maybe that team was no more aggressive to try to acquire those Cuban players,so should we said it's really a "done deal" for us to sign all three now ?

We have 6.05MM bonus money now and it's possible the next trade would make it over the 6.70MM that the O's have now,the O's have issues in their front office and knowing it's difficult to outbid us due to the advantage we have in the Cuban culture things,so don't expect them to try to increase their amount in the pool money,as for the mystery team there have no any report about any team other than us trying to acquire the pool money so maybe that team was no more aggressive to try to acquire those Cuban players,so should we said it's really a "done deal" for us to sign all three now ?

Exactly this. Everything is pointing to us having the upper hand here so fingers crossed this might actually happen soon. 

I'm cautiously optimistic.  It'd be a very Marlins thing to happen for us to do all these moves and then not get any of them.

Which is why I think getting them might start turning people's heads as far as the difference between this front office and the last one. Just might start getting people saying "finally the Marlins are doing things right."