The Marlins can be a playoff team in 2020

yxnarbo

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/mlbtr-poll-how-good-are-the-reds.html

Shouldn't they make a thread like this regarding the Marlins !?

the thing(s) about the Reds:

1. They have a really strong rotation. Castillo, Gray, Bauer, Miley, DeSclafani

2. Probably league average pen at worst

3. Historically they hit better than last year so a bounce back offensively is not completely out of the question

4. Votto is aging. He wasn’t great last year but his floor is still extremely high. He’s one of the great players in the league and he absolutely could put together another great season.

5. They signed Moustakas which is a monstrous upgrade over what they had at 2nd last year. They’re still signing players

6. Senzel is a strong candidate for a big year.

They’re one of those teams that things could break big in either direction. I think the Marlins aren’t quite there yet. But as long as they stick to the plan and continue through the phases of rebuild without trying to skip a step they’ll get there. Villar and Dickerson are excellent additions for where they’re at. The marlins aren’t done signing either. They also have promise in the staff. It’s just that the Reds are in a different phase of the lifecycle

I could date a super model, which is probably about as likely as the Marlins making the playoffs.

The Reds have been improving drastically to anyone who has actually paid attention to baseball.

They are the team that kinda scares me more than any team in the NL and I wouldnt be surprised if they are the team people are saying, where did they come from?

Their rotation is kick ass.

They have a total stud at 3b in Suarez. Votto (who I think they should get rid of), is still productive, especially in the 2 hole I think.

Moose is going to hit and make that team real good.

Akiyama is going to start in CF. If he takes his game and it translates into MLB (which is plausbile), thats going to help tremendously.

I really like Jesse Winker in the outfield.

Senzel is going to be play LF or SS (which I think is stupid, but so is Moose at 2b full time).

If they can add one more piece (ss or outfield) they will be even scarier.

The Marlins are no where close to where the Reds are competively. To even make a comparision is simply shortsided.

Over/Under on wins is 64.5 last check, that to me is an easy over.

I don’t agree on the “easy” part.

65 wins would be a EIGHT win improvement. That’s quite substantial and not that much has changed.

No Chen will add 2 wins and Villar/Dickerson will get us 3-4 wins but I see Caleb Smith regressing.

Eight wins is a big jump. Also, NL East.

That being said, I think the 2021 team has a real shot at 81 wins.

I don’t agree on the “easy” part.

65 wins would be a EIGHT win improvement. That’s quite substantial and not that much has changed.

No Chen will add 2 wins and Villar/Dickerson will get us 3-4 wins but I see Caleb Smith regressing.

Eight wins is a big jump.

That being said, I think the 2021 team has a real shot at 81 wins.

like I said, I lose most of my bets!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.