Cord Cutting

CoastieMike

13 hours ago, Das Texan said:

What annoys me with Spectrum is if I want HD or to DVR I have to pay extra every month.  Luckily their broadband is more or less ok, because the AT&T option is flat out trash.

Could just buy a TiVO set up and that will resolve the rental fees for the DVR for each month.  You'll have to lease the cable card from Spectrum but that's drastically cheaper than the exorbitant fees cable companies charge for renting their DVR's for each room.  I save literally around $65mo by using TiVO in conjunction with my cable company to bypass those fees.  TiVO set up will run you a few hundred up front but their DVRs are way better than the shit cable companies rent out.

I pay 40 dollars for internet (I got a great starter price when I bougth my place, and call every year and threaten to cancel, so it hardly goes up year over year), 14 dollars or whatever it is now for Netflix, and my Prime Video is included with my cell phone plan for free (job pays for cell phone plan). I'd be hard pressed to pay less than 55-60 dollars for TV entertainment anywhere. Cutting the cord is great, but you need to live with the fact that you can't watch those couple of channels you like. There's a detox period, but you get used to it.

Sinclair’s RSN business and its creditors are “preparing for a possible restructuring of its roughly $8 billion debt load,” amid the company’s loss of pay-TV deals and as COVID has reduced the amount of televised sports available, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

Well maybe if they were on more providers, they'd lose less money.

Seems like the only time I seem to hear about Sinclair is when they've been dropped from some sort of existing service.

Definitely begs the question others have brought up - 1) WTF are they doing, and 2) if they aren't on any services, how does that help the Marlins expand their viewership?  Or are we just looking for the biggest check?

9 hours ago, Entendu said:

I would love to buy the channel standalone. Like 10 dollars per month straight to Sinclair...

...I bet it'd be 20 dollars a month as an introductory price with a one year commitment so you can't cancel during the off-season. 

Probably. Then $50 a month after that but "cancel anytime!"

14 hours ago, Entendu said:

I would love to buy the channel standalone. Like 10 dollars per month straight to Sinclair...

...I bet it'd be 20 dollars a month as an introductory price with a one year commitment so you can't cancel during the off-season. 

I'd do this. So sick of paying for a shitload of channels to ultimately just watch no more than 5.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 12:59 PM, SilverBullet said:

I'd do this. So sick of paying for a shitload of channels to ultimately just watch no more than 5.

Exactly. I really only need 3 channels and I'd be happy. Unfortunately, one is an RSN which means I need to pay the provider $50+ a month.

That's why I don't have cable whatsoever. On the brightside, I read more now...

1 hour ago, el_gmac said:

T-Mobile is launching a new TV stream service, unfortunately there's no MLB Network in their package 

https://www.t-mobile.com/tvision

not surprising.  i literally only know one person in real life outside of my immediate family who likes baseball to ANY degree.

(Granted, I only know like two people but that's beside the point)

• Haha 1