2020/21 off-season

11 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

A digression, what happened to Ken Rosenthal ? He didn't tweet anything in two days when many baseball moves were happening, it's just unusual. 

Yeah that is odd. I'd say vacation considering its New Years week but I can't remember him ever going days without a tweet.

I'm probably in the minority here but I want the Marlins to stand pat.  We have a glut of hitting prospects that we need to sort out.  Harrison,  Chisholm, L Diaz and Sanchez are probably not going to get many ABs this year with Dickerson, Cooper, Aguilar, Ramirez, and even Berti taking up most of the ABs.  

Not to mention that we have another wave of hitters not too far off either in Bleday, Scott, Burdick, Misner and Salas.  Let's find out who's the real deal before we start adding any more free agents.  

The only exception in my opinion should be a proven closer or a experienced late inning arm to protect wins for our young pitchers.  

Trades for young proven controllable players like Wilson Contreras are a different story of course.  I'm always open to improving our young talent. Just my two cents.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

14 hours ago, Rydawg said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I want the Marlins to stand pat.  We have a glut of hitting prospects that we need to sort out.  Harrison,  Chisholm, L Diaz and Sanchez are probably not going to get many ABs this year with Dickerson, Cooper, Aguilar, Ramirez, and even Berti taking up most of the ABs.  

Not to mention that we have another wave of hitters not too far off either in Bleday, Scott, Burdick, Misner and Salas.  Let's find out who's the real deal before we start adding any more free agents.  

The only exception in my opinion should be a proven closer or a experienced late inning arm to protect wins for our young pitchers.  

Trades for young proven controllable players like Wilson Contreras are a different story of course.  I'm always open to improving our young talent. Just my two cents.

Then dont bitch when the Marlins fail to make the playoffs or have depressed attendance when thats allowed at some point in 2021.

Just saying.

Marlins should be all in trying to acquire a catcher though.  They also need an outfielder who doesnt suck. Cant wait fora Bleday to arrive.  The entire outfield is a dumpster fire the likes of my Cardinals.  Maybe a competent GM in Kim Ng will do what the St. Louis management has failed to even acknowledge is an issue in 2 years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Das Texan said:

Which one of those is a catcher? Why not try and get a catcher?

• Like 1

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Which one of those is a catcher? Why not try and get a catcher?

None.  Thats why they should be all in trying to trade from their surplus to acquire a catcher NOW instead of later.

They should be all in on the fire sale thats the Chicago Cubs to get Contreras on the cheap.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Then dont bitch when the Marlins fail to make the playoffs or have depressed attendance when thats allowed at some point in 2021.

Just saying.

Marlins should be all in trying to acquire a catcher though.  They also need an outfielder who doesnt suck. Cant wait fora Bleday to arrive.  The entire outfield is a dumpster fire the likes of my Cardinals.  Maybe a competent GM in Kim Ng will do what the St. Louis management has failed to even acknowledge is an issue in 2 years. 

You're barking up the wrong tree about the bitching.  I was against the rebuild initially but now that we're here let's finish it the right way without shortcuts is all I'm saying. 

Also, I did say was in favor of trades and I mentioned Contreras specifically.   I just don't want the Dickerson or Joyce type of stop gaps anymore.  

• Like 2

What annoying me the most was almost there is no any rumor about this team, it's two months into the off-season already and besides what Ng said about the bullpen staff then there is nothing about who this team targeting in the social media. I know until something happens rumors are just rumors but at least it would gives you something to hope for.

12 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

What annoying me the most was almost there is no any rumor about this team, it's two months into the off-season already and besides what Ng said about the bullpen staff then there is nothing about who this team targeting in the social media. I know until something happens rumors are just rumors but at least it would gives you something to hope for.

Eh, I think they are pretty good about not leaking stuff. I mean, were there any rumors of Zac GOATllen being traded before he went?

20 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I mean the baseball rumor mill has been pretty quiet overall. I think part of the reason is that it's unclear when the season is going to start. I don't believe ST will start on time.

If the Marlins are serious about bullpen help, Brad Hand is probably the best cost-effective option out there.