9/9 Marlins @ Braves 7:10 PM

Michael

2 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

This game reminds me of July 1st, 2003.

Marlins beat the Braves 20-1.

Except this is the other way around..

It also reminds me of June 27th, 2003. Marlins lost 25-8 to Boston Red Sox. They might match that score tonight..

Off Mike Hampton, I remember that game vividly as a kid. 

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Yamamoto needs to be DFA’d after this game. This Is the exact situation he was brought up for and he pitched the worse pitching kind I’ve seen in my life. Also Vesia sucks...that experiment needs to end 

As a rookie, in 78 innings he had 82 Ks, a 1.14 WHIP, and a .199 BAA.  His ERA was in the mid 4s because he faded like many rookies do.  They can't all be Sixto.  He's being crucified because of a bad handful of games in this wacky season. 

I'm not defending Yams. My point isn't that Yams will be good.  He might not.  Let's just wait before we call for his head or to DFA him.  

My anger is towards Mattingly for doing this to a young kid and for throwing in the towel when his team is still fighting. 

4 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

As a rookie, in 78 innings he had 82 Ks, a 1.14 WHIP, and a .199 BAA.  His ERA was in the mid 4s because he faded like many rookies do.  They can't all be Sixto.  He's being crucified because of a bad handful of games in this wacky season. 

I'm not defending Yams. My point isn't that Yams will be good.  He might not.  Let's just wait before we call for his head or to DFA him.  

My anger is towards Mattingly for doing this to a young kid and for throwing in the towel when his team is still fighting. 

Don’t rookies have an advantage over batters that have never faced them? I think that’s all that is.

38 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

This game reminds me of July 1st, 2003.

Marlins beat the Braves 20-1.

Except this is the other way around..

It also reminds me of June 27th, 2003. Marlins lost 25-8 to Boston Red Sox. They might match that score tonight..

Well, they matched that score from the loss to Boston. So the Marlins will probably win the WS this year..

14 minutes ago, GuitarPik said:

Don’t rookies have an advantage over batters that have never faced them? I think that’s all that is.

He had a very good minor league career.  I'm just saying it's too soon to give up on a 24 year old with less than 20 career starts.  Good thing for us is that we don't need him with all of our depth.  Maybe he can be a food bullpen arm in the long run.  Or maybe he flat out sucks?