9/18 Roster Moves (catch our moves!)

1 hour ago, mk613 said:

Lord just keep dugger  down or better yet release him.

Meh, he's the extra arm on a double header day. He is bad, but it's Mattingly putting bad pitchers into situations where good pitchers need to be that is the problem. Every team needs a Robert Dugger around, he just should never be on the mound unless we're up or down by at least 6. 

• Like 1

pretty much the same reason Yams was called up - throw him out there to kill a few innings so valuable arms aren't used when the game is out of hand.  That said, i'd still rather see a pitcher called up who could have an actual shot at being better than using a position player - something that doesn't describe Dugger.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hovertical said:

pretty much the same reason Yams was called up - throw him out there to kill a few innings so valuable arms aren't used when the game is out of hand.  That said, i'd still rather see a pitcher called up who could have an actual shot at being better than using a position player - something that doesn't describe Dugger.

Last time we used Dugger (Rogers' last start), he did fine in a mop-up role. 4 innings with just two runs allowed. I'll take that from him. At least he can do that unlike whatever Yams was trying to do.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, hovertical said:

If only Mattingly knew about mop up relievers 😞

23 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

WTF is this supposed to even mean? I seriously don't get yer bias against his bullpen management.

Mattingly has forecasted most situations accurately all year.  You can't be in this position, contending in the lead of the wild card and "not know about mop up relievers."

• Like 1
11 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Speaking of roster moves, we haven't heard a thing about Jeff Brigham and Jordan Holloway, the last two guys still on the IL from covid. I wonder what's up with them. 

Don't know about Brigham, but I remember them showing video footage of Holloway pitching at the ATS a few weeks ago.