Jump to content

2021 Florida Panthers Thread


Recommended Posts


It's been years since I watched the Panthers play.. I actually used to be a pretty big Panthers fan when I was a teenager, and tried to catch a couple games a week on FSFlorida back in the day, but that was back during the first tenure of Roberto Luongo on the Panthers before he went to the Canucks, so quite a few years back.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to an Orlando Solar Bears game (basically minor league hockey) a few years ago and had a pretty good time. However, I have never been to a Panthers game and don't really watch them at all. Still it's nice to see the team is doing well. Maybe I will get into them this year...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Queenville has the team going in the right direction, they should  make the playoffs in this years division which is kinda weak other than Tampa Bay,  not sure how they'd be doing if they were playing Boston and Toronto on the regular instead of Detroit and Chicago 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

Queenville has the team going in the right direction, they should  make the playoffs in this years division which is kinda weak other than Tampa Bay,  not sure how they'd be doing if they were playing Boston and Toronto on the regular instead of Detroit and Chicago 

Carolina would like a word with you 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

Queenville has the team going in the right direction, they should  make the playoffs in this years division which is kinda weak other than Tampa Bay,  not sure how they'd be doing if they were playing Boston and Toronto on the regular instead of Detroit and Chicago 

Carolina and Dallas are in the division.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Have you tried sitting down to watch it?

Many times. Same issue I have with soccer, running back and forth for 3 hours just to have the game end in a tie. I know there’s been some changes in one of those two sports as far as ties go so maybe that’s not the case anymore. But it’s just not something I’m interested in. I respect them cause they’re very difficult sports, but just not for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Many times. Same issue I have with soccer, running back and forth for 3 hours just to have the game end in a tie. I know there’s been some changes in one of those two sports as far as ties go so maybe that’s not the case anymore. But it’s just not something I’m interested in. I respect them cause they’re very difficult sports, but just not for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hockey doesn’t have ties anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Erick said:

Hockey doesn’t have ties anymore.

Yeah I figured they do the shootouts now but then I couldn’t remember if it was soccer that did that lol definitely a good decision on their part. Sports ending in ties is like a slap in fans’ faces. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Many times. Same issue I have with soccer, running back and forth for 3 hours just to have the game end in a tie. I know there’s been some changes in one of those two sports as far as ties go so maybe that’s not the case anymore. But it’s just not something I’m interested in. I respect them cause they’re very difficult sports, but just not for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh yeah, if I have any complaint about soccer and hockey this is definitely it so yea I see where you are coming from.

I always remember and old but simple joke about soccer that says "I watched the soccer game last night, I almost saw a goal!" I'm sure it's fun to play but that sums it up for me as far as watching it as fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Oh yeah, if I have any complaint about soccer and hockey this is definitely it so yea I see where you are coming from.

I always remember and old but simple joke about soccer that says "I watched the soccer game last night, I almost saw a goal!" I'm sure it's fun to play but that sums it up for me as far as watching it as fan.

Yeah definitely. And it’s ironic cause people who don’t understand baseball call it boring too lol but those of us who get it know that even if “nothing happens”, something happened lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Erick said:

Hockey has a lot of skilled players and it’s pretty high scoring these days too. Shutouts are rare. 
 

It is a great game. Join the bandwagon.

I love hockey in person, so much fun. I just can't enjoy it on TV for some reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Oh yeah, if I have any complaint about soccer and hockey this is definitely it so yea I see where you are coming from.

I always remember and old but simple joke about soccer that says "I watched the soccer game last night, I almost saw a goal!" I'm sure it's fun to play but that sums it up for me as far as watching it as fan.

Soccer is fun to play for sure (at least I like it), but I too have a tougher time watching, especially if I have no vested interest in one of the teams playing.  I did watch a lot of the Inter Miami games this past year, though.......but seeing as that's now our local team, I had an interest in seeing the team play/win.

33 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I love hockey in person, so much fun. I just can't enjoy it on TV for some reason.

I think this is kinda where I'm at with it.  And I just don't think about tuning in to watch the Panthers even if I do enjoy watching a game.  Do they even show all of the games on TV?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mystikol87 said:

Carolina would like a word with you 

Has anyone ever noticed that there are teams called Carolina Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes and Florida Panthers and Miami Hurricanes.

Carolina are such copycats.. And yes I checked.. the Florida teams with those names have been around longer..

Actually, if anyone is old enough to remember, the Carolina Hurricanes used to be the "Hartford Whalers" before 1997. I used to always pick the Hartford Whalers on the NHL '96 game on Sega Genesis, just because they had Chris Pronger at that time. 😂

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...