Injured Players Update Thread

I also feel like it's been a constant clown show over at second defensively since Jazz was injured.  Diaz has been very unsteady even fielding routine stuff but Berti has been too this season. Maybe i'm exaggerating but it literally feels like there's been at LEAST a dozen plays i'm 95% certain Jazz would have made with ease that either Diaz or Berti has botched (not necesarily to the point of getting an official error though). 

I'm really more disappointed in how shit Berti has been this year.  I know Isan is trash but Berti was a pretty valuable super utility guy until this season.  It's like half the team just lost 40% of their baseball abilities in the offseason and it hasn't come back. 

Jazz better be freaking starting today if they made him take that "long flight" here

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hovertical said:

I also feel like it's been a constant clown show over at second defensively since Jazz was injured.  Diaz has been very unsteady even fielding routine stuff but Berti has been too this season. Maybe i'm exaggerating but it literally feels like there's been at LEAST a dozen plays i'm 95% certain Jazz would have made with ease that either Diaz or Berti has botched (not necesarily to the point of getting an official error though). 

I'm really more disappointed in how shit Berti has been this year.  I know Isan is trash but Berti was a pretty valuable super utility guy until this season.  It's like half the team just lost 40% of their baseball abilities in the offseason and it hasn't come back. 

Jazz better be freaking starting today if they made him take that "long flight" here

Diaz is legitimately horrendous at every aspect of baseball. I was sitting in right field for Friday's game and watching how awful his baseball instincts are, but besides that, how little he seemed to care. It's one thing to be bad and upset about it (Brinson), but it's another to be bad and not even care. Diaz has no business on a major league roster. 

18 hours ago, hovertical said:

Well in the case of Diaz its simply because he isnt very good defensively overall.

7 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

Diaz is legitimately horrendous at every aspect of baseball. I was sitting in right field for Friday's game and watching how awful his baseball instincts are, but besides that, how little he seemed to care. It's one thing to be bad and upset about it (Brinson), but it's another to be bad and not even care. Diaz has no business on a major league roster. 

Wait wait wait...

What Das said 2 years ago?  

Glad your eyeballs confirm what I've said for a while.  

18 hours ago, hovertical said:

On Berti, the Marlins are overplaying Berti A LOT.

Berti isnt talented enough to be playing 5 times a week!  There is a reason why didnt really make the big leagues until age 29. 

Scouting has caught up to Berti and my assumption is if you look at stuff from baseball savant you'd see he is being pitched entirely different than in 2019 (though I could just be wrong) and Berti could be totally regressing to the mean.  

28 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Scouting has caught up to Berti and my assumption is if you look at stuff from baseball savant you'd see he is being pitched entirely different than in 2019 (though I could just be wrong) and Berti could be totally regressing to the mean. 

He's also grounding out a lot on pitches up and above the strike zone which is REALLY impressive.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Why is Marte hitting off the machine? I would have thought he stuck to hitting off the ground. 

Maybe he is hitting a machine until it turns off. Could be one of those new age therapy techniques to blow off steam?