Marlins, WTF?!

hovertical

33 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Jazz once again not in lineup today and neither is Duvall. As I said earlier in this thread, the Marlins are doing a bad job at this. Other teams figure out a way to put a roster together.

Exactly right. Muts been winning lately too and they have more injuries than us 

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Jazz once again not in lineup today and neither is Duvall. As I said earlier in this thread, the Marlins are doing a bad job at this. Other teams figure out a way to put a roster together.

The thing that drives me nuts too, this front office has preached building organizational depth and a next man up mentality. Now that we clearly need to tap into that, they aren't doing it? What's the point of the depth if you aren't gonna use it when you clearly need it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

The thing that drives me nuts too, this front office has preached building organizational depth and a next man up mentality. Now that we clearly need to tap into that, they aren't doing it? What's the point of the depth if you aren't gonna use it when you clearly need it.

You got it, exactly why I've joked about that's why they haven't brought up Sanchez - it would "hurt" their depth in the minors.  I know that's not it and it's likely 100% service time related but is there another team out there that's actively avoiding making moves when guys are injured and playing with no bench depth at all because of it?! 

• Like 1

For all the Jesus Sanchez hate (justified) I"m not exactly sure what the Marlins can do with the infield, especially middle infield.

There are no guys on the 40 man roster for the infield available.  

There isnt really a lot of organizational depth even close to being remotely ready to play those positions at the MLB level.

They can IL Jazz, and bring up whom?  An outfielder?  a 1b?  

What would that solve?  About as much as keeping Jazz on the active roster I guess.

Now the outfield situation, different story.  

Having Sandy Leon DH the other night, thats on the manager largely.  

So its a problem with a not so easy solution.  

1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

What would that solve?  About as much as keeping Jazz on the active roster I guess.

It'd give them another option on the bench who is actually available so Alfaro wouldn't end up in LF again.

4 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I don't think anyone's "indicting" them for injuries, but rather the seeming refusal to attempt at replacing guys to help the ML team.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Yeah, it doesn't make sense.

About a month ago, the Braves started grabbing whatever free agent catchers they could because they saw there was a need for depth at the position.  Not saying what they got were "championship" signings but they still did something to address depth needs.  Are the Marlins doing this with their needs?  

1 minute ago, CyggyMarlin said:

About a month ago, the Braves started grabbing whatever free agent catchers they could because they saw there was a need for depth at the position.  Not saying what they got were "championship" signings but they still did something to address depth needs.  Are the Marlins doing this with their needs?  

we have super utility man Jorge Alfaro to fit that bill

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Marlins are doing absolutely nothing

• Like 1

What gets me with this FO is that they put together a patch-work offense and the seams are showing.  The starting pitching (even with injuries) is ready to compete for playoffs now and until the FO compliments the rotation with a potent offense, it's all gonna be for nothing.  They seem to be putting all their eggs in one basket and hoping the farm system will bail them, yet they won't promote someone like Jesus Sanchez who could possibly help the team because of money.  I'm all for a good young core of players to build around but if a big impactful free agent comes along and can be a piece to this team, the FO needs to spend money.  If they can't, they need to sell and get out. This franchise and fan base deserves a better product.

• Like 5

Don't expect Jesus Sanchez (the OF not the pitcher) promoted soon.... He left the game today as a DH after 1 AB... Apparently, he fouled off his foot the other day and it is still bothering him...

Also, Max Meyer left today's game after 3.1 strong innings... unconfirmed finger issue.... Wonder if it's a blister?

16 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Don't expect Jesus Sanchez (the OF not the pitcher) promoted soon.... He left the game today as a DH after 1 AB... Apparently, he fouled off his foot the other day and it is still bothering him...

Also, Max Meyer left today's game after 3.1 strong innings... unconfirmed finger issue.... Wonder if it's a blister?

We may need to hire back that petty fired trainer from last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AeroFishOne said:

Yeah didn’t think things could get much worse.

I know most MLB teams really only care about the training staff at the big league level, but with the amount of resources the Marlins have used to invest in these prospects, the Marlins should hire a better Minor League Training Staff. That would probably do wonders if the MILB kids were getting close to the same treatment, nutrition advice, etc. as the big leaguers. Probably unrealistic, but IMO not a bad investment to make. 

Just now, Italian Marlins Fan said:

That would probably do wonders if the MILB kids were getting close to the same treatment, nutrition advice, etc. as the big leaguers.

These guys don't even get living wages, let's get there first. I do agree, though.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Das Texan said:

For all the Jesus Sanchez hate (justified) I"m not exactly sure what the Marlins can do with the infield, especially middle infield.

There are no guys on the 40 man roster for the infield available.  

There isnt really a lot of organizational depth even close to being remotely ready to play those positions at the MLB level.

Now the outfield situation, different story.  

Having Sandy Leon DH the other night, thats on the manager largely.  

So its a problem with a not so easy solution.  

This is exactly right.  There's no infield depth at all in AAA or AA that's ready.  Devers is only 21 and I would argue that he should be in AA or AAA.  Other than that,  it's  Alvarez, Marte Brigman or Marrero. 

We don't even have someone to replace BA because Berti sucks and we don't have 3b depth either.  I was hoping to see what Dunand can do since he had a decent spring but he's been hurt also. 

Fortunately, our depth starts to get better in the lower minors.  It should start to be closer to MLB ready next season.