Hollandsworth will not return to booth in 2022

Admin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, Michael said:

I wouldn't be against a booth of Rich and Paul, honestly. Yes both PBP guys, but it could work. Add in Tommy for home games and we got something cooking.

... or we would if the stove was on.

That'd work for me.  Rich has been around long enough too that he knows more while he may not be an analyst per se, he knows what he's talking about.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Ya Paul Severino is a true talent.  I wouldnt do anything to push him away tbh. 

This seems like unnecessarily high praise for someone that still sounds like a national announcer a lot.

Or perhaps my sarcasm detector is broken.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 12:26 AM, Michael said:

I wouldn't be against a booth of Rich and Paul, honestly. Yes both PBP guys, but it could work. Add in Tommy for home games and we got something cooking.

... or we would if the stove was on.

That's a great idea, but I don't see it happening. I could imagine Paul and a former Yankee, someone like Andy Pettite or Jorge Posada. 😂

And probably the main reason why that wouldn't happen, besides the unusual duo of two play by play guys, the real reason I don't see that happening is that Rich was from the Loria/Samson years, and as we've all noticed, the Marlins have been removing almost everything from those years since the new ownership came in.

But now that Dave Van Horne has essentially retired according to Barry Jackson, I could see Rich Waltz maybe joining the radio side, either in tandem, or alternating with Glenn Geffner. I know I just said that Rich is from the Loria/Samson years, so they probably wouldn't want him for the tv side of things, but I feel like for radio, maybe they wouldn't care as much.

😂

4 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

That's a great idea, but I don't see it happening. I could imagine Paul and a former Yankee, someone like Andy Pettite or Jorge Posada. 😂

And probably the main reason why that wouldn't happen, besides the unusual duo of two play by play guys, the real reason I don't see that happening is that Rich was from the Loria/Samson years, and as we've all noticed, the Marlins have been removing almost everything from those years since the new ownership came in.

But now that Dave Van Horne has essentially retired according to Barry Jackson, I could see Rich Waltz maybe joining the radio side, either in tandem, or alternating with Glenn Geffner. I know I just said that Rich is from the Loria/Samson years, so they probably wouldn't want him for the tv side of things, but I feel like for radio, maybe they wouldn't care as much.

😂

At some point, they should listen to what fans want too though.  And I feel like most of us never wanted him to leave and/or have wanted him back since he left.

3 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

the real reason I don't see that happening is that Rich was from the Loria/Samson years, and as we've all noticed, the Marlins have been removing almost everything from those years since the new ownership came in.

True, for the most part, but they did bring Tommy back (or should I say FOX/Bally's did) even if he's not an in-game announcer.