October 29, 20214 yr I mean... I've been here since '95. Loyal. Every year, we think "is this the year they actually spend". If any year is the year, this is it. Best rotation in baseball opening day. Bring back Marte. Spend money on a third baseman. Spend money on a catcher. It's not even asking for much. Is this the year? No. Who are we kidding
October 29, 20214 yr I feel we should asterisk spend* *spend to get to at least league average payroll We wouldn't want Jeter & co seeing "people want us to spend" and them spend $5 thinking that counts. Edited October 29, 20214 yr by rmc523
October 29, 20214 yr 12 minutes ago, Michael said: This year is already over The year ends December 31st, it isn't over yet.
October 29, 20214 yr 43 minutes ago, rmc523 said: I feel we should asterisk spend* *spend to get to at least league average payroll We wouldn't want Jeter & co seeing "people want us to spend" and them spend $5 thinking that counts. Getting to league average would mean adding about $60 M to the project payroll. You could probably get Marte, Raisel Iglesias and either one of the SS's or Castellanos for that amount. Might even have some to spare to give an extension to Sandy.
October 29, 20214 yr 38 minutes ago, FishFan95 said: Getting to league average would mean adding about $60 M to the project payroll. You could probably get Marte, Raisel Iglesias and either one of the SS's or Castellanos for that amount. Might even have some to spare to give an extension to Sandy. Yup! And all that should definitely happen
October 29, 20214 yr This is the year ownership has to prove they want to win and are here to win. I do not see any reason to not spend in the offseason.
October 30, 20214 yr 3 hours ago, FishFan95 said: Getting to league average would mean adding about $60 M to the project payroll. You could probably get Marte, Raisel Iglesias and either one of the SS's or Castellanos for that amount. Might even have some to spare to give an extension to Sandy. Correct. lol
October 30, 20214 yr 19 hours ago, Iowa said: I mean... I've been here since '95. Loyal. Every year, we think "is this the year they actually spend". If any year is the year, this is it. Best rotation in baseball opening day. Bring back Marte. Spend money on a third baseman. Spend money on a catcher. It's not even asking for much. Is this the year? No. Who are we kidding Didn’t Wayne technically spend in 96-97 for that team even though he blew it up right after? Nevertheless. I’m an optimist at ❤️. I believe Marlins payroll will be close to $100 million. Resign Marte. Possibly go after a big fish and a decent catcher. They have the pitching depth already. Maybe make one big move trade wise.
November 2, 20214 yr On 10/29/2021 at 4:13 AM, taiwanmarlin said: Let's just wait and see. Who tf are you, and what did you do w/ @taiwanmarlin?
November 2, 20214 yr 2 hours ago, cyoung said: Who tf are you, and what did you do w/ @taiwanmarlin? What's wrong with it ? I just say let's wait and see what this team doing in the off-season.
November 2, 20214 yr 6 minutes ago, Bret Hart said: Depends on other teams' off-season movement of NL EAST. Even if the other teams in the division do nothing (unlikely), the fish need to do a lot. Doesn't matter IMO what other teams do, when it is clear that the fish need to make improvements regardless.
November 2, 20214 yr 3 hours ago, Bret Hart said: Depends on other teams' off-season movement of NL EAST. Best case scenario, Marlins do everything to improve and other teams do nothing to improve.
November 2, 20214 yr Just now, taiwanmarlin said: Best case scenario, Marlins do everything to improve and other teams do nothing to improve. I like the way you think
November 2, 20214 yr 1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said: Best case scenario, Marlins do everything to improve and other teams do nothing to improve. Even better would be if they made moves that made them worse.
November 2, 20214 yr 1 minute ago, Michael said: Even better would be if they made moves that made them worse. I like the way you think
November 2, 20214 yr 1 hour ago, Michael said: Even better would be if they made moves that made them worse. I know you mean the Mutts.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.