4/26 Post Game Thread

1 hour ago, SongInTheAir said:

Marlins win.

Sandy shoved.

Joey donged.

Jesus and Avi pissed.

Bender didn't bend or break.

Mattingly didn't do anything stupid (although Bleier in the 8th wasn't my favorite)

Marlins are on pace for 82 wins and 82 losses.

81 and 81 you doltburger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Go trade for an impact bat asap and bring up meyers to replace Hernandez once his service time is delayed (I think mid May?). Assuming meyers is still here of course. With this pitching from the starters and bullpen we can be a legit contender and make some noise if our offense is comfortably middle of the pack. Right more it’s slightly below average imo.

Edited by EricOwens!

7 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

Go trade for an impact bat asap and bring up meyers to replace Hernandez once his service time is delayed (I think mid May?). Assuming meyers is still here of course. With this pitching from the starters and bullpen we can be a legit contender and make some noise if our offense is comfortably middle of the pack. Right more it’s slightly below average imo.

It's Meyer, not Meyers.

• Banana 1

9 hours ago, marlins_09 said:

Does anyone know for sure the date that Miami would be targeting in terms of service time for Meyer? I can’t for the life of me figure that out 

It's a sliding date based on playing time of all MLB players, but:

1 - They can call him up now and get a "7th" year of control. He won't have 6 years of service time at the end of 2027 so they will have him for 2028. He'd be club controlled 2022, 23, 24.... have super2 arbitration 2025, and normal arbitration 26, 27, and 28

2 - They can potentially eliminate the super 2 status by calling him up in late June. There are nuances to this, but they can "likely" get rid of that 2025 arbitration year by waiting 2 more months.

So call him up now and he's a little more expensive 25-28, or wait 2 months and try and save some money.

You call him up right now and roll with it. OR, you fully commit to the 2 months. It's basically dumb to call him up in 3-4 weeks as take the full 2 months if you're going to make him more expensive longterm.

I say call him up today. He's a top 13 pitcher in the organization. If he's awesome, the money doesn't matter.

Also bonus service time shenanigans - Cabrera was called up last year, so they can manipulate his time also. If they wait to call him up say... roundball 2nd week of June, they now have Cabrera on that same "option 1" timeline above as Meyer. They will have year 7 of control and he'll be a super 2 in 2025 and a free agent 2029. Given the injury and he's a little behind, I think you wait until mid-June for Cabrera at this point. Get the 7th year. Calling up Floro/Meyer pretty soon makes Cabrera a little less important for purposes of these next 6-7 weeks. But then, when this date passes which I'm sure the FO can calculate better than us, let him rip.

Double bonus service time shenanigans. If they keep Sixto in the minors until basically August, he ALSO goes on "option 1" timeline above and they have him through 2028. I think you also do this too, assuming not traded. They have a lot of arms so they can keep him down to rehab until hopefully he looks good in August.

43 minutes ago, MarlinsLou said:

Double bonus service time shenanigans. If they keep Sixto in the minors until basically August, he ALSO goes on "option 1" timeline above and they have him through 2028. I think you also do this too, assuming not traded. They have a lot of arms so they can keep him down to rehab until hopefully he looks good in August.

Lol he'll still be injured come then anyway.

3 minutes ago, hovertical said:

No. Please explain. Detailed explanations make the best jokes.

Okay, so the Miami Marlins, a baseball team, have this player who pitches, that means he's the guy that throws the ball that the other team tries to hit, so anyway, this pitcher, his name is Sixto Sanchez, which is Spanish for "The Sixth Son of Sancho". Anyway, this guy Sancho, his sixth son, he is always always always injured. Injuries hurt, so I changed his name to Sixto, because that's still his first name, right? But then his last name? Changed it to Ouchez, like Sanchez, but with "ouch" because of the pain associated with the injury. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SongInTheAir said:

Okay, so the Miami Marlins, a baseball team, have this player who pitches, that means he's the guy that throws the ball that the other team tries to hit, so anyway, this pitcher, his name is Sixto Sanchez, which is Spanish for "The Sixth Son of Sancho". Anyway, this guy Sancho, his sixth son, he is always always always injured. Injuries hurt, so I changed his name to Sixto, because that's still his first name, right? But then his last name? Changed it to Ouchez, like Sanchez, but with "ouch" because of the pain associated with the injury. 

Hi, follow up question, is that baseball team any good?

2 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

Bk Ok GIF by Achievement Hunter

10 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

picard too long didnt read GIF