Sweep... Feels good

10 minutes ago, flasportsfan88 said:

I told know why some of you guys watch/post on here.

If it's that miserable being a fan just get a new "hobby"

A lot of it is purely sarcasm, gotta just roll with it. We're diehards, for better or worse.

Retaining Mattingly would be beyond worse though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael said:

A lot of it is purely sarcasm, gotta just roll with it. We're diehards, for better or worse.

Retaining Mattingly would be beyond worse though.

The lower the depths of despair and anger the higher  the elation for sweet victory.  A board where everyone is happy and mostly positive would also be incredibly boring.

Edited by hovertical

24 minutes ago, flasportsfan88 said:

Even if you don’t watch, you’d still end up posting on here.

Look at Das.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, hovertical said:

The lower the depths of despair and anger the higher  the elation for sweet victory.  A board where everyone is happy and mostly positive would also be incredibly boring.

Truth, I wouldn't lurk as much if I didn't know I could get my daily dose of sarcasm and snark from here. Always a joy.

And terrible puns. Those too.

Edited by Undakai
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, flasportsfan88 said:

Most of my posts are sarcasm and bad humor but I'll be honest, I haven't watched in weeks, haven't watched regularly in months, and watched even less last year and I don't really miss it right now.

And I'm saying this because of your "hobby" description.

Hobbies are supposed to be fun, for entertainment, to relax, to chill out from "real life." What good is a hobby that just pisses you off and frustrates you for what feels like 9 out of 10 times that you do it? A hobby that when you're done for the day you feel like you wasted so much time that could have been used on something else?That's not a healthy hobby in my book.

I'm still a fan and I'm always keeping an eye on scores and news and I have zero problem with anyone still committing the time to watch the majority of these games in full but I see no problem in taking a breather from this shit show team until they show they're actually worth putting more time into.

Admittedly on my end it's burnout combined with having so many other entertainment options as well as real life/family to occupy my time that makes this an easy choice right now, but I think it's very easy to see why someone would take this path now. 

Right now the Miami Marlins suck until they prove otherwise and it's been this way for the majority of the last 19 years or so, so fuck that. 

15 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Most of my posts are sarcasm and bad humor but I'll be honest, I haven't watched in weeks, haven't watched regularly in months, and watched even less last year and I don't really miss it right now.

And I'm saying this because of your "hobby" description.

Hobbies are supposed to be fun, for entertainment, to relax, to chill out from "real life." What good is a hobby that just pisses you off and frustrates you for what feels like 9 out of 10 times that you do it? A hobby that when you're done for the day you feel like you wasted so much time that could have been used on something else?That's not a healthy hobby in my book.

I'm still a fan and I'm always keeping an eye on scores and news and I have zero problem with anyone still committing the time to watch the majority of these games in full but I see no problem in taking a breather from this shit show team until they show they're actually worth putting more time into.

Admittedly on my end it's burnout combined with having so many other entertainment options as well as real life/family to occupy my time that makes this an easy choice right now, but I think it's very easy to see why someone would take this path now. 

Right now the Miami Marlins suck until they prove otherwise and it's been this way for the majority of the last 19 years or so, so fuck that. 

This is exactly where I’m at.

I haven’t watched a game in a few days, haven’t watched regularly at all this season, extending into last season.

with the team being so Jekyll and Hyde (with more Hyde than Jekyll), it’s not worth spending my time to tune in when they get blown out or come back just to have another 1-run loss because of Don’s unnecessary 3rd inning double switch.   I’d rather spend my time doing other things.   I will put it on in the background sometimes, while I’m doing other things, but often I’d also rather watch a variety of shows I have recorded instead.

with them not bothering to address major holes last offseason and taking the “overpay middle guys approach”, and basically being in the same boat as last year, it’s just not fun to watch.

if anything I think the frustration shows we do care.   And what that guy posts once or twice a month if that?   Ok dude….

that last italics part is directed at the other guy not you, silver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I’d also rather watch a variety of shows I have recorded instead.

Having this option (as opposed to not having this several years ago) makes a big difference. Catch up on a couple episodes of a show I'm behind on that I know I'm enjoying or spend 3 hours watching a team that's probably gonna leave me upset? Come on. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Having this option (as opposed to not having this several years ago) makes a big difference. Catch up on a couple episodes of a show I'm behind on that I know I'm enjoying or spend 3 hours watching a team that's probably gonna leave me upset? Come on. 

I just got Disney+ last month so I am getting caught up on all things Marvel and Star Wars (Dr. Strange 2 just dropped on Disney so that will be tonight's viewing.  WandaVision was yesterday's binge during the afternoon game so I am ready for the movie)... I spend my evenings watching Netflix,  Disney+ & Hulu on my main tv and have the game on low in the background on my laptop.  I periodically check in to see the score and then it's back to binge watching again...

Edited by CyggyMarlin
  • Like 2

Just now, CyggyMarlin said:

I just got Disney+ last month so I am getting caught up on all things Marvel and Star Wars (Dr. Strange 2 just dropped on Disney so that will be tonight's viewing)... I spend my evenings watching Netflix,  Disney+ & Hulu on my main tv and have the game on low in the background on my laptop.  I periodically check in to see the score and then it's back to binge watching again...

Ms. Marvel is a good new series on there.

• Like 2

getting rid of Netflix a couple months ago was a glorious feeling. Had nothing to do with the whole password sharing thing either.  There's just....nothing on there really.  I figure we'll get it again for a month at some point in July once the second half of ST season 4 drops so we can see all the episodes at once but yeah we literally have had it for as long as I can remember (used to have a subscription to both the streaming and disc rental service) but found ourselves not watching anything on it at all for the past 6 months or so - outside of Ozark. 

We currently have Disney+ but it was mostly because I wanted to watch all the San Jose Sharks game and it was almost free to get Disney+ added alongside the ESPN piece.  I think Star Wars sucks hard and I don't care too much for Marvel either haha so Disney+ doesn't hold much appeal for me.  We tried AppleTV+ for 3 months on a free trial but the only show I found redeeming was Severance.  Mosquito Coast was ok but I could live without seeing season 2 so when the trial was up we ditched it.  We still have Hulu because the wife has a few network shows she likes but the bulk of our time is spent on channels offered by Discovery+.  I'd be 100% fine with just that package of channels.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Ms. Marvel is a good new series on there.

Definitely on my list.  Falcon & Winter Soldier will be next on Disney after Dr Strange 2.  On Netflix, I'm doing Cowboy Bebop (the original series) and on Hulu it's King of the Hill

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

getting rid of Netflix a couple months ago was a glorious feeling. Had nothing to do with the whole password sharing thing either.  There's just....nothing on there really.  I figure we'll get it again for a month at some point in July once the second half of ST season 4 drops so we can see all the episodes at once but yeah we literally have had it for as long as I can remember (used to have a subscription to both the streaming and disc rental service) but found ourselves not watching anything on it at all for the past 6 months or so - outside of Ozark. 

We currently have Disney+ but it was mostly because I wanted to watch all the San Jose Sharks game and it was almost free to get Disney+ added alongside the ESPN piece.  I think Star Wars sucks hard and I don't care too much for Marvel either haha so Disney+ doesn't hold much appeal for me.  We tried AppleTV+ for 3 months on a free trial but the only show I found redeeming was Severance.  Mosquito Coast was ok but I could live without seeing season 2 so when the trial was up we ditched it.  We still have Hulu because the wife has a few network shows she likes but the bulk of our time is spent on channels offered by Discovery+.  I'd be 100% fine with just that package of channels.

I'm holding onto Netflix because of Cobra Kai, Stranger Things and Disenchantment.  Once those shows wrap, I'll probably cut Netflix.

Just now, CyggyMarlin said:

I'm holding onto Netflix because of Cobra Kai, Stranger Things and Disenchantment.  Once those shows wrap, I'll probably cut Netflix.

ahh i guess I did watch CK whenever it was that came out...I'll watch them again. i figure it's just better to only renew it maybe  a couple times a year and because there's so little to actually watch on there i can watch everything i actually want within that month and then turn it back off again and save myself the $20+ bucks