Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins listening on everyone except Sandy

Featured Replies

I’m looking forward to episode 7 of #TheCaptain. 
 

Jeter left us with an “everyone not named Sandy” is available situation 5 years into the “rebuild.” 

Interested to see how he’s going to spin it. 

Depending how you take this it's either alarming or a non-story.

Take 1:  It means they want to rebuild all over again and they're TRYING to move nearly everyone.

Take 2: Most teams are willing to listen to offers on all their players because you never know when an offer might be too good to pass up and this is really no different than what most teams do - it's just phrased in a way to make us believe they're desperate to trade everyone (since that's kinda been the Marlins way since forever).

I really do wish I could do a baseball lobotomy and permanently break the bond I have so I don't give a shit at all about this team any longer. But nope - doesn't work. I tried being a Rays fan for a little while and my heart just ain't in it at all. Stuck with rooting for this flaming pile of shit. How on earth we, as fans, ended up with a WORSE owner then Jeff Loria is the epitome of cursed.

Honestly, if they traded the whole team right now not including Sandy, I don’t think anyone would care.

So that’s a nice change from past rebuilds at least.

There are certain players I would prefer to keep, but wouldn’t really care if they’re traded either lol.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

 

I guess Jazz is included on that too?

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I don't trust Kim Ng with a rebuild or reload or whatever the hell this would be called.

Agreed.

im coining the term “Kuild” - short for Kim-build, and it works simultaneously because the franchise is being killed.

 

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

Depending how you take this it's either alarming or a non-story.

Take 1:  It means they want to rebuild all over again and they're TRYING to move nearly everyone.

Take 2: Most teams are willing to listen to offers on all their players because you never know when an offer might be too good to pass up and this is really no different than what most teams do - it's just phrased in a way to make us believe they're desperate to trade everyone (since that's kinda been the Marlins way since forever).

I’m sure it’s intended as the second, but who knows anymore.  They don’t seem to do anything logical.

 

46 minutes ago, Erick said:

Honestly, if they traded the whole team right now not including Sandy, I don’t think anyone would care.

So that’s a nice change from past rebuilds at least.

There are certain players I would prefer to keep, but wouldn’t really care if they’re traded either lol.

Yeah

I’m unfortunately stuck in the mindset of the team is going to infinitely be stuck in mediocrity because they aren’t willing to take that next (expenditure) step and do what they need to do to actually compete. They had the obvious opportunity last off season and continued with the cheap “we tried” half measures, and until they show otherwise, I have no faith they’ll do anything else. They burned that bridge of trust last offseason.

Edited by rmc523

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I’m unfortunately stuck in the mindset of the team is going to infinitely be stuck in mediocrity because they aren’t willing to take that next (expenditure) step and do what they need to do to actually compete. They had the obvious opportunity last off season and continued with the cheap “we tried” half measures, and until they show otherwise, I have no faith they’ll do anything else. They burned that bridge of trust last offseason.

When they didn't bother trying to build off the playoff season at all and went with the whole "well, Kim needs a season to get a feel for the team" that was the final death knell for me in terms of them ever doing what it takes to fix what once were only a few holes. I've hated this group from the start but the playoff run re-energized me a bit then...they did nothing. 

It's as if the only way they'll ever compete is if they absolutely nail like 3 straight drafts and magically acquire a team of all under-control superstars then you'll still have Don sitting them for the grizzled vet or something idiotic. 

18 minutes ago, Michael said:

60 Day IL so I don't think he CAN be traded, by rule.

pretty sure that's how it goes too - i personally think it's a dumb rule because if a team wants to trade for a guy who's injured this season but would help in future seasons then why limit that team from acquiring said player?  oh well - i guess it prevents the hassle of the acquiring team later crying foul on medical reports that weren't detailed enough or something. 

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

I really do wish I could do a baseball lobotomy and permanently break the bond I have so I don't give a shit at all about this team any longer. But nope - doesn't work. I tried being a Rays fan for a little while and my heart just ain't in it at all. Stuck with rooting for this flaming pile of shit. How on earth we, as fans, ended up with a WORSE owner then Jeff Loria is the epitome of cursed.

I feel this. I am not even from Florida. I picked the marlins in 1993 at 11 because I thought the colors were cool. I tried being a White Sox fan (from IL originally) but I just couldn't do it. I think either this team would have to be contracted or new expansion teams would have to come out for me to be able to switch. At least I'll be stationed in Korea for a while coming up so maybe I can follow KBO!

6 minutes ago, r5812 said:

At least I'll be stationed in Korea for a while coming up so maybe I can follow KBO!

Hey, you may see some names from this Marlins team over there soon enough!

50 minutes ago, hovertical said:

When they didn't bother trying to build off the playoff season at all and went with the whole "well, Kim needs a season to get a feel for the team" that was the final death knell for me in terms of them ever doing what it takes to fix what once were only a few holes. I've hated this group from the start but the playoff run re-energized me a bit then...they did nothing. 

It's as if the only way they'll ever compete is if they absolutely nail like 3 straight drafts and magically acquire a team of all under-control superstars then you'll still have Don sitting them for the grizzled vet or something idiotic. 

Yeah, I stupidly gave them a pass then because of revenue uncertainty

1 hour ago, r5812 said:

I feel this. I am not even from Florida. I picked the marlins in 1993 at 11 because I thought the colors were cool. I tried being a White Sox fan (from IL originally) but I just couldn't do it. I think either this team would have to be contracted or new expansion teams would have to come out for me to be able to switch. At least I'll be stationed in Korea for a while coming up so maybe I can follow KBO!

I picked all my teams because of colors at a very young age so I can definitely relate to this. I am from the greater Pittsburgh area. 

5 minutes ago, Vic D said:

I picked all my teams because of colors at a very young age so I can definitely relate to this. I am from the greater Pittsburgh area. 

I did the same. It's how I ended up with the Marlins and Dolphins but then the Sharks and what were the the Charlotte Hornets with Zo and Larry Johnson etc. (So now a Pelicans fan)

17 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I did the same. It's how I ended up with the Marlins and Dolphins but then the Sharks and what were the the Charlotte Hornets with Zo and Larry Johnson etc. (So now a Pelicans fan)

Dude I'm a Hornets fan too lol. Been a Marlins, Hornets and Eagles fan my entire life. Was a massive fan of Muggsy Bogues, Glen Rice, Baron Davis among many others.

22 minutes ago, Vic D said:

Dude I'm a Hornets fan too lol. Been a Marlins, Hornets and Eagles fan my entire life. Was a massive fan of Muggsy Bogues, Glen Rice, Baron Davis among many others.

Did you follow them to New Orleans or did you wait for Charlotte to get a team again?

6 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

This isn’t really a rebuild

We built a mediocre team and now we’re going to build a different mediocre team.

Rebuild.

11 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Did you follow them to New Orleans or did you wait for Charlotte to get a team again?

Yup followed the Hornets there. CP3 David West and the boys. Didn't stick with the Pels though. Once Charlotte got the Hornets back, I was super pumped. Really liked Kemba, he was nice enough to take a pic with me at a random Cavs game lol.

Hypothetical question!  How would you all feel about trading Pablo to the Dodgers for Bellinger and some good prospects?  Too risky?  Maybe he bounces back to form?  I mean, he's really talented and plays CF.  Even prospects in AA and AAA are risky.   Just a thought. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.