Analyst rotation to continue in 2023 minus JP

SonOfJack

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I wonder if the possible mystery new analyst in the rotation is Conine.  He did some of that last time in this position.

He was also incredibly boring for as much as I appreciate all things Jeff Conine he has zero personality on air.  sigh

3 hours ago, Iowa said:

He was better than everyone else but Hutton. Why do they have a rotation? Assuming them being cheap is an underlying reason somehow

Everyone works 39 hours and therefore they don't have to pay for their health insurance!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Entendu said:

Everyone works 39 hours and therefore they don't have to pay for their health insurance!

I think it's 35 hours if I remember right. 36 being the "full time" threshold.

If anyone wants to correct me, the floor is yours.

9 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think it's 35 hours if I remember right. 36 being the "full time" threshold.

If anyone wants to correct me, the floor is yours.

30 hours per week (or 130 hours per month) for federal law I believe.

I welcome being corrected on that.

I too found JP to be the most entertaining of the group.  Paul has gotten better, but still just....eh.

I don't really like any of the others aside from Tommy.

I really wish they'd just bring Rich back, and do Tommy + ________ (since Tommy doesn't want to do a full season anymore).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I too found JP to be the most entertaining of the group.  Paul has gotten better, but still just....eh.

I don't really like any of the others aside from Tommy.

I really wish they'd just bring Rich back, and do Tommy + ________ (since Tommy doesn't want to do a full season anymore).

I kinda feel the same way about Paul. He's not obnoxious but it feels like he just doesn't mesh with anyone aside from JP. 

He was just kinda a bump on a log with all the other guys they paired him with like he was too afraid to say anything 

Hutton I get, but his time might have passed. He's Beloved and were now being force fed him since we all clamored for him. He just doesn't have chemistry with Paul.

I'd love to see what Dontrelle Willis or some other younger Marlins player could do with the role. Heck, I got a feeling Beckett and Burnett would be better than Allen and Nelson. Gaby just... he seems too stiff.

Hell! What about LOMO, Bour or Jeff Conine.

Edited by Piazza31

9 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

Hutton I get, but his time might have passed. He's Beloved and were now being force fed him since we all clamored for him. He just doesn't have chemistry with Paul.

I'd love to see what Dontrelle Willis or some other younger Marlins player could do with the role. Heck, I got a feeling Beckett and Burnett would be better than Allen and Nelson. Gaby just... he seems too stiff.

Conine is boooring. He's done it before. I don't know if Bour or Limo would be filtered enough for broadcast. I mean I'd be all for it but I think that may not work for that reason

17 hours ago, hovertical said:

I kinda feel the same way about Paul. He's not obnoxious but it feels like he just doesn't mesh with anyone aside from JP. 

He was just kinda a bump on a log with all the other guys they paired him with like he was too afraid to say anything 

He's still too "national" feeling for me.  Like I said, he has improved, but isn't there yet.

13 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

The problem isn't Tommy, it's the guy he's paired with.  Paul is just sort of "there" to begin with, so not going to lead to a good pairing.

Gaby is boring, but so was Jeff Conine when he subbed in for a few games over the years.

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Now that I think about it, we were lucky and got spoiled with the chemistry of Rich and Tommy. We could have a bunch of "really good" commentators but it's not that easy to find that perfect chemistry again. 

Absolutely, and it's a shame they let that fall apart.

They got along very well, and made losing games (of which we've had more than plenty over the years) entertaining, which as someone said above, is hard to do.

34 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

He's still too "national" feeling for me.  Like I said, he has improved, but isn't there yet.

That's a pretty good way to describe Paul.  He needs a good partner to bring out some actual personality and JP seemed to be the only one who really did that as the rest of the time it really felt like watching a nationally televised game because it was so milquetoast.

We sure were spoiled with the chemistry Rich and Tommy had for those years and any duo will forever be compared to them.  We've been clamoring all these years for Tommy to come back, and then he does, and he isn't as good either - it really, truly, needs to be Rich and Tommy together to make that magic.