2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

This team is determined to not to spend any more money, good luck to 2024.

How does Domingo German signing a minor league deal add to that argument?

You literally just want ANYONE signed.

5 minutes ago, Admin said:

How does Domingo German signing a minor league deal add to that argument?

You literally just want ANYONE signed.

I thought that when the Marlins signed TA.. that was what was desired by a lot of the message board and that the “Marlins don’t sign anyone” type posts would end since they literally signed Tim Anderson which is something that some(not all) on this board wanted.

1 minute ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

He's an option, that's all. 

But you specifically mentioned being cheap as if that's why they didn't sign him. It was a minor league deal.

I agree they are cheap, but that transaction didn't show it.

And there's a reason he had to settle for a minor league deal in the first place. Not every option is a good idea.

Astros lose Jose Urquidy to injury and they are now in serious discussions to sign Blake Snell.

Marlins lose pitchers to injury and its crickets.

See thats when the Marlins are cheap.  (they should shock the world and sign one of the remaining free agent starters and show they are actually committed to winning, but thats a different argument)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Astros lose Jose Urquidy to injury and they are now in serious discussions to sign Blake Snell.

Marlins lose pitchers to injury and its crickets.

See thats when the Marlins are cheap.  (they should shock the world and sign one of the remaining free agent starters and show they are actually committed to winning, but thats a different argument)

I'm really a real Marlins fan because I never thinking of Snell and would be satisfied with JD.

1 minute ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

I'm really a real Marlins fan because I never thinking of Snell and would be satisfied with JD.

If they signed JD, you'd want someone else after that anyway.

15 minutes ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

Wrong thread or you think this team need them ?

More that there are potential options to upgrade some of the lesser players for not all that much but we’re rolling out the same group

• Like 1