Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

marlin2266

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marlin2266

  1. Interesting - I'm not saying to do this, but would like to pose a question anyway - Assuming Micah starts the game as P & DH (obviously in the AL park), does that make him 2 players (ie, if he's taken out as P can he stay in as DH)? There must be some arcane rule about this, although I've never seen (or even thought about) it before now.
  2. I liked Roxy as well - I think he may have had some conflicts (like Cal football).
  3. Jeff - Thanks for all the memories. At the top of my list is your laser-beam throw in the 2003 NLDS that nabbed JT Snow at the plate and sent the Marlins on to NLCS and WS victories! Best wishes, and we'll see you around SoFla for many years to come. BR
  4. So ............... I distinctly recall a NYY game at venerable Yankee Stadium in the late-60 / early-70s where the announced crowd was 412 (that's right - four hundred and twelve). I think they counted turnstiles (as opposed to tickets sold) back then. Yes, for the damn Yankees - of course, before Steinbrenner brought them back. And it was a late seaon rainy day etc.... Keep perspective - someone should mention that (Herald writers - alert!!!!). OUT.
  5. FOX will be broadcasting Marlins-Mets as part of their Saturday network package.
  6. The bridges thing makes no sense to me. One will open in 2009, and another is scheduled for 2011 (just in time). And it never fails to amaze me that the bridges open "on demand". Granted the river moves some goods (mostly stolen cars and bicycles), but it's nowhere close to the Dodge Island volume. I say lock-em-down from 4 to 8. Low profile boats can still move thru.
  7. Yeah, and who can ever forget the classic from circa 1998/9 "This is my back" Must've run 9 times every game.
  8. For an oldie, I kinda liked Kevin Millar's ITP at Wrigley - it's the one that Sammy Sosa misplayed into a round tripper. Circa 1999.
  9. P-Dub gave it a run back in '00, his 30/30 year. Finished with 187.
  10. 1997 has special meaning for me. A buddy of mine and I split a ST package that year. When it came to game 6 & 7, we had a coin flip to see who went. I won the flip & chose G6 (who wouldn't, right?). Thus, I too watched G7 on TV - damn!
  11. From 1977-2006: Home team down 1 in the 9th with a man on first & no outs, win expectancy is 32.0% (1678 game sample size) Home team down 1 in the 9th with a man on second and 1 out, win expectancy is 28.1% (991 game sample size) Same situation except man on 2nd to lead off w/ no outs, win exp is 40.9% (357 games) Same situation except man on 3rd w/ 1 out, win exp is 37.7% (247 games) OK - but we are not anywhere near even an average "situational hitting club". Inability to hit to right side factors in.
  12. sweep ----------------
  13. Mondo Mondo Mondo!!!!!!!!!!
  14. this is very hard to watch......................
  15. All I know is that the mouths of everyone around me in Sec 144 dropped wide open with a big "Oh no - what exactly happened there?". Even Hutton was speechless when I reviewed he game tape from TV. Tough loss.
  16. marlin2266 replied to a post in a topic in Sports
    ..............paradise by the dashboard light.......the man was a true classic....... +1 Listen to this song some time - Scooter was special.
  17. What would he cost us for a month - 500K? CIN would probably take one of our low level P prospects for him. Let's do it!
  18. pulled off first ???
  19. Ruth is the GOAT - no question in my mind. 2 factoids (both true) - In Ruth's day, a ball that bounced once on the field of play then into the stands was considered a home run. Today, it would be an automatic double. Partially offsetting this, Ruth and his comtemporaries did not get credit for a walk-off HR. They only got credit for enough bases to drive in the winning run.
  20. And down in the corner, I'd add - 97 03 And wear your bullet-proof vest..........
  21. Gammons used to be on with Boog Tue at 11:00, but now Rose is in that slot (not for long....). Anyway, anybody know when the Boog/Gammons show moved to? Thx.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.