Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

marlin2266

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marlin2266

  1. But, did anyone laugh?
  2. marlin2266 replied to marlin2266's topic in Sports
    ...FYI, the New Era store has a machine that will resize hats for you. Any idea where I can get some hats re-sized in Miami / South Dade??
  3. marlin2266 posted a topic in Sports
    Hi tech caps for 2007. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-m...p&type=lgns Next up - all cotton unis for the Lins. Regards, George Costanza
  4. If FanFest is so important to Samson et al, I would think it would be in the player's contract to appear. Apparently it's not, since Miguel only appeared once in 4 years. On the other hand, Feb 10 was circled on my calendar ever since mid-December. Either Miggy is lying that they told him just a week ago, or the FO is real bad at communicating the date to the players.
  5. Fair & balanced. He did fail to mention that Helms is replaced by Aaron Boone.
  6. One reason to drag feet on arbitration is the possibility of injury. Non one wants to be paying medium/big bucks to an inactive player, but especially a revenue-challenged team like the Marlins. And most contract insurance doesn't kick in until at least a one-year elimination period. Granted, the possibility of injury is much higher with a pitcher (especially like DTrain with the special stress he places on his body). But Loria/Samson are no-doubt considering the fatal blow an injury to Miggy could inflict.
  7. Don't get me wrong - I want the tax rebate to go through and I think it will. As with any political issue, there is another viewpoint. The other side would say that entertainmant dollars spent on the Marlins would be spent on something else if they weren't here. So, net net the state probably will lose out on some tax revenue. Crist has been very positive on this, so lets hope the hurricane (and now tornado) tragedies do not divert attention and support from the tax subsidy for the Fish. Everybody should continue to bombard their elected officials with emails.
  8. I think they're trying to squeeze in the Sunday game before the daily thunderstorms. It being getaway day complicates the road team's travel plans, and usually they can't hang around til Monday for a make-up date.
  9. psst (they do not know where you live).
  10. I just sent them my $.02 in support. Note other members to email on CRA website - http://www.ci.miami.fl.us/CRA/about_board.htm
  11. UM Family day wiill be SAT 4/21 1997 WS celebration will be THU 6/14 Those are the only ones I've heard so far..............
  12. Colts picked by 10 posters so far, Bears by 9 I'll tie the score - Bears 24 Colts 17
  13. When is the arby hearing? When will we know the result? (Maybe it's above & I'm too lazy to look for it). :mischief2
  14. We don't know that the Marlins weren't/aren't interested in Church or discussion haven't taken place. Both teams may be reluctant to help the other improve since they are divisional rivals. Interesting. Beinfest has said more than once that he will trade in-division to get what he wants - it is not a factor in his mind. I can understand that viewpoint, but the opposite has merit as well, especially for a team that expects to contend and doesn't want to face (for example) Willis or Cabs on the other team 19 times a year. Bottom line - a pretender (see 2006 Marlins) is much more likely to trade a star player in-division than a contender.
  15. yf21 - Nobody is 100% first ballot. Unfortunately, there's always a writer with some sort of axe to grind (see Ripkin). It probably can't be done, but I'd love to see this poll split by age of voter. As one who actually saw Gibby, he's my GOAT RHP. And Koufax for LHP.
  16. People should also remember that Miami is among the nation's poorest cities before they start comparing them to the teams of richer cities across the country. While the "city of Miami" may be poorer, you've really got to look at Greater Miami and Broward. Areas such as Coral Gables and Aventura clearly skew the other way, and they should be a significant source of ticket-buyers at the current (as well as the new) stadium location. We all know they are not because of team record, climate, and amenities. All told, there is an unbelievable amount of personal wealth in South Florida. All you've got to do is look at the society pages on Sunday, to see how many $1,000 a plate black tie events happen every single weekend. You just know that Sean Flynn et al struggle to tap into this market. Once you get just 2% of those folks on board, you basically sell out your IF box seats for every game.
  17. No. Arm makes JP look like Dave Parker. No.
  18. If someone here works for the Fish (thinking of 1truefan) I'm curious how they did selling those $99 holiday packages and if they plan on doing another offering before the season starts? I bought two in sec 456. I am very happy with them. Oreo took real good care of me.
  19. Wes is a hitter too, Lifetime .273 in limited at bats.
  20. I like it ----- But, is 9 acres really enough for the ballpark and retractable roof???
  21. The question is - Do we really want to pay $50 to sit in the fish tank?
  22. Sorry - you're right - it's FRI/SAT Still very tasty........
  23. My Holiday Pack just arrived via FedX - Sat/Sun in Sec 456 - sweet deal!!!!!!!!!
  24. I still cannot believe the falling out OB had with Angel near the end of Joe's tenure (circa 2001). They could not stand the sight of each other and refused to share the booth. Kinda like the Beatles, I guess..... Those guys were GOLD back in the 90s though - a better tandem I have never heard anywhere.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.