Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

pb1300

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pb1300

  1. You know its unfortunate that Hanley wont get the starting nod over Rollins or Reyes, because both of them are in larger markets. And its unfair because while I think Rollins is a great player, Hanley is the best SS in the game right now.
  2. I think the way this week works out could be in favor of the team. The media coverage is growing. If we can come home with a convincing road trip, and into a weekend series, we could really see some good numbers. Here is hoping for three out of four in Cincy.
  3. Better yet, check this one......... http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70630 Oh thats great. All they can do is insult the fan base. I didnt read one comment their, aside from two people praising us, that was valid at all i.e. we are a last place team. I for one dont really care if ESPN doesnt show our highlights, or what idiots from other forums say...this team can flat out play. When Hammer and Jake get back, I will take our lineup against any team in the east. What is so special about Philly aside from Utley and Rollins, and maybe Howard with his .171 average? Their bullpen is as good as ours sure, but what makes them so much better than us? How about the Mets, with Wright and Beltran. Reyes is a step below Rollins and Hanley, and they have no pitching outside of Santana. Why cant this Marlin team compete with these other so called power houses of the East? Let me tell you...this team is not going anywhere. We are young, talented, and will only get better over the course of the season. I fully expect them to hit a rut just like every other team in the league does, but we will show everyone what type of team we have. If I was Phillies or a Met fan, DAMN right I would be scared of this team. Right, we are a last place team who happens to be a half a game out of having the BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL! Better yet, check this one......... http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70630 Oh thats great. All they can do is insult the fan base. I didnt read one comment their, aside from two people praising us, that was valid at all i.e. we are a last place team. I for one dont really care if ESPN doesnt show our highlights, or what idiots from other forums say...this team can flat out play. When Hammer and Jake get back, I will take our lineup against any team in the east. What is so special about Philly aside from Utley and Rollins, and maybe Howard with his .171 average? Their bullpen is as good as ours sure, but what makes them so much better than us? How about the Mets, with Wright and Beltran. Reyes is a step below Rollins and Hanley, and they have no pitching outside of Santana. Why cant this Marlin team compete with these other so called power houses of the East? Let me tell you...this team is not going anywhere. We are young, talented, and will only get better over the course of the season. I fully expect them to hit a rut just like every other team in the league does, but we will show everyone what type of team we have. If I was Phillies :toilet or a Met :toilet fan, DAMN right I would be scared of this team. Right, we are a last place team who happens to be a half a game out of having the BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL! This is where you can prove yourself to me a better, more knowledgeable fan than they are... recognizing the talent and abilities of other teams is always a step in the right direction... Just because they refuse to acknowledge our talent and out team's first place ability, doesn't mean we stoop to their level There, I corrected it. Im not insulting the fans of the game, who can look beyond the hatred of a rival, its more torwards the ignorant ones that want to makes claims and judgements off of something irrelevant. IMO...Hanley is the best player in the East, arguably the best in the NL. But since he plays in the lowly Florida, he wont get the respect from most in the northeast. Its the same with the Panthers here. They had Luongo, who was considered a great goalie, but none thought of him as one of the top two or three in the league because he played in South Florida. We see that now with Bouwmeester as well. I just find it real funny how people judge this team aside from looking at the talent on this team and watching them perform on the field. And you know what, its going to bite them all in the ass when the time comes, and maybe then this team will gain the respect it deserves.
  4. Better yet, check this one......... http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70630 Oh thats great. All they can do is insult the fan base. I didnt read one comment their, aside from two people praising us, that was valid at all i.e. we are a last place team. I for one dont really care if ESPN doesnt show our highlights, or what idiots from other forums say...this team can flat out play. When Hammer and Jake get back, I will take our lineup against any team in the east. What is so special about Philly aside from Utley and Rollins, and maybe Howard with his .171 average? Their bullpen is as good as ours sure, but what makes them so much better than us? How about the Mets, with Wright and Beltran. Reyes is a step below Rollins and Hanley, and they have no pitching outside of Santana. Why cant this Marlin team compete with these other so called power houses of the East? Let me tell you...this team is not going anywhere. We are young, talented, and will only get better over the course of the season. I fully expect them to hit a rut just like every other team in the league does, but we will show everyone what type of team we have. If I was Phillies or a Met fan, DAMN right I would be scared of this team. Right, we are a last place team who happens to be a half a game out of having the BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL!
  5. I love this picture....... (forget the car.... it's what's in the background that counts) So glad that sh*t hole is gone. That "sh*t hole" was one of the best experiences for a lot of us down there. There is not much things better than a nationally televised night game at the OB. Forget about the parking, or the restrooms, or the food there, just to be there and feel the energy was amazing. Sure Im glad the Marlins got what they needed, but its sad to see those pics. Id rather have the "sh*t hole" rennovated, and the Marlins have their stadium in downtown MIA.
  6. Alfredo was number one during ESPNs top 10 plays. Good to see him get some recognition because he can definitely play some D.
  7. In response to some of the comments above, I am a Tigers fan, and I am not rooting for Miller and Maybin to fail. I was never as high on them as some - because while both have a lot of raw talent, they also have significant flaws. I think you have seen them with Miller, and Maybin's AA stats don't point to a polished hitter (he strikes out and hits the ball on the ground too much). I am happy that Miller finally turned in a decent start for the Marlins. When he is controlling his pitches and able to use more than his fatsball, he can be very good. It looks like he was very efficient with his pitches, too, which is a good sign. The trade hasn't exactly worked out that well for either team so far. Willis is rehabbing in the minors after his leg injury, and showed no control before it. Cabrera is hitting okay, but I haven't been as impressed by him as I thought I would be. I guess I expected more from him at the plate. He seems to be a boom or bust hitter right now. And he already had to be shifted to 1B because his defense at 3B was attrocious (Guillen is killing the Tigers at 3B now.) Cabrera is one of the best players in the game period. He will be your best player for years to come. But if you dont want him, we will take him back.
  8. Man if we can shore up the starting rotation, we can definitely be in this till the end. Regardless of whatever happens this season, I hope Beinfest can keep this core together for at least one more season, because Id really like to see what they can do with the additions of Volstad, JJ, Sanchez, etc. We have a team here that can compete for a number of years, and if they were smart about it, it wouldnt cost that much to keep them together from now.
  9. BBTN's Kruk picked the Rays as the current surprise team most likely to stay on top...some other panelist picked the Fish...interesting that the Rays would get picked, specially in that division...lol, just shows you how easy it is to get a job like Kruk's...you basically guess and get paid for it... The Rays have no chance against Boston or even New York, regardless of how bad the Yanks pitching is. Its going to be Boston's division again, and the Rays will falter and finish 3rd or 4th. I dont see why we cant be the team to keep up the momentum. Out of all the teams in the East, we match the worst against Atlanta IMO. Id like to see how real this team is when they take on the Phillies.
  10. Man two world series and four no hitters. As little support as this team ha gotten from South Florida, some of it rightfully so, its amazing what they have accomplished in such little time. Some teams havent had a series win in forever, or even one no hitter. Sorry Met fans.
  11. A little FYI...the next Inside the Marlins is going to feature Hanley.
  12. Ill be the first one right by the on deck circle on Tuesday wearing a Mets jersey and screaming at Hanley that they suck and they arent going to do shyte. Nothing like adding more fuel to the fire. Go Fish.
  13. This isn't the first time Jacobs' has spoken up this season about things like this and the lack of respect as its perceived in the clubhouse. For those who are interested a number of other reporters picked this up as well. I know there is a camp here who believes this stuff is meaningless and that's okay, I just don't agree. Different things affect different players different ways and if this motivates Jacobs, or the team comes together watching an ESPN blackout or being ridiculed in the media and takes it out on their opponents, I'm all for it. Clearly Mikey is pretty ticked off by it. Let's see what the message on the jumbotron is tonight... I think it does motivate him and has him playing with a chip on his shoulder, especially against the Braves. In our last series against the Braves he threw Francouer to the ground with a hard tag, and just walked away. Yesterday one of the Braves ran into him again and fell to the ground and Jake again walked away. Neither time has he tried to help the other player up, or even acknowledged the other player. Might be nothing to it, but I think he is on a mission this year and he is letting the disrespect motivate him a little bit more. It's giving him a little bit of a mean streak. Jake might just emerge as the outspoken leader of this group. I remember that situation. Francouer turned around after he got thrown to the ground and said something to Jake. Mike didnt acknowledge and just walked to the dugout. I love the leadership role that Mike has decided to take. Its really good to see this from one of our youngsters.
  14. My opinion...i dont really care what most think, with all due respect. I respect what everyone has to say, but everyone is going to see things in their own eyes. This team is young, this team is talented, and they look to be quite angry. Angry at the so called "experts" who think that they arent good enough. Sometimes when you have a young team motivated and not experienced enough to know exactly whats going on all the time, special things can happen. I really dont care if we are less than a month into the season, this team can flat out play. They are one of the most talented teams in the NL 1 through 6, including the best player in the NL, and an above average bullpen. They will more than likely need help, or just health, in the starting rotation, but I see no reason why this team cant be contending for either the division or the wild card. 19 games in or not.
  15. Tommy just kind of ripped Berardino indirectly tonight during the broadcast. He was talking about lack of complete games from our staff, and that being the case because of our inexperience on the mound. Then he turn it around and mentioned that they then get criticized if they leave them out there for 120 pitches. You cant have it both ways, it has to be one way or the other he said. Great job.
  16. The Marlins were listed by Forbes as having $327 million in revenue last year and a $47.3 million operating loss, up from a $25.2 million loss on revenue of $302 million the previous year. Forbes? revenue figure is after deducting revenue sharing payments, which the Marlins estimate at about $92 million. The team also paid approximately $24 million in luxury tax, which is reflected in the operating loss. God, wouldnt that be the day! lol
  17. Ive been a fish fan since day one, but I dont post a lot on here. Anyways, I was wondering if there was a timetable on Sanchez, Mitre, and JJ? Will they be available sometime this season? The reason why I ask is because if we can keep up this run and get one or two of them back later on in the season, it would be a big plus. Im not saying to stay in first, but be competitive enough to where we are possible wild card contenders. Some might think its premature since we are 14 games into 162, but the evidence is there. This team has enough talent one through eight, and one of the best bullpens in the NL. What we need is some of our studs to get back to work. Thoughts?
  18. Power Rankings Are the others in our division so far superior to our Marlins??? 26 out of 30 is a little harsh I think. Sure we are flawed, but so is every other team in the division. Until we start playing the "big boys" in our division and start losing to them consistantly, I wont rule this young, talented Marlin team out. But then again, I like no one giving us a chance, its sooooo 2003ish.
  19. pb1300 replied to MillerTime's topic in Miami Marlins
    Please, the Gregg commercial wins an oscar compared to the Uggla commercial from last season. The one where he is in the supermarket with the kid and hands him the broom at the end. Gotta love the people that come up with these lol.
  20. That Pujols guy isn't bad either... As homerish as it may sound, I would take Hanley over Pujols, even though we have all seen what Albery has done thus far.
  21. "I'm going to do it every day if I have to," Nationals manager Manny Acta said of the intentional walk. "I just fear Hanley Ramirez, and I feel everyone else should." Reading comments like this makes me ask...is Hanley the best player in the NL. Its not just because of his comments. The kid is amazing. Im not going to go into the details of his skill set because everyone knows what type athlete he is. I could see some make the argument for Rollins, but still, Hanley has him beat. Hopefully with the new fish tank being built, we will finally have the funds to lock up one of our youngsters. It will be nice if we can recreate this post in a couple of seasons, but changing the question to...is Cameron Maybin the best CF in the league.
  22. If anyone is watching the Braves/Nats game right now, you would of heard what Im posting. Anyways...they were talking about Zimmerman and how he was the only rookie to have over 100 rbi and finish second in the ROY voting. Morgan says that was because of Hanley, who he thinks could be the best player in the National League. He praised him, saying how he has a great combination of speed, power, defense, etc. It was just nice publicity to see Hanley get, and I though ya'll might like it.
  23. You arent a BIG sports town without a MLS team.
  24. I know what you mean,FishFF. He does seem to be a bit rude sometimes, and occasionally asks some questions that I don't think he should ask, esp. on live tv. yea, he is just obnoxious. Craig is the only one of the broadcast crew I just can't stomach. Started a few years ago when he seemed to have this obsession with why guys would go ice fishing. Acted like the players he was talking to were crazy or omething. Like he had never heard of ice fishing before. And he went to Syracuse???? Watch what he does when someone walks behind him while he is on the air. Acts like they just committed some kind of sin or something. The other day at a home game he wasn't even on the air and some guy behind him was moving back and forth with a cell phone and Craig was trying to block him from getting on camera with this ticked off look on his face. I even once declined an interview with him once he noticed my tat. Told him I didn't want to take any face time away from the camera for him. I feel everyones pain on the board. Not only am I a Marlin fan, but I also have season tickets to the Panthers. He does all of the Cats pregame/postgame stuff, and he even works the radio games towards the end of the year when Golide has to replace our TV play by play guy, who works with hockey on NBC. He is terrible at play by play, and his goal scoring is like a whinning 10 year old.
  25. Im sure you all realize that we are witnessing one of the best young shortstops this game has seen. He is to us what Dwyane Wade is to the Heat. You can talk all you want about Reyes in NY, but Hanley will soon show the league who the best SS is. He is a five tool player and Im glad we get to see him grow up in front of us.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.