New Three Way Deal?

Track Star

From www.prosportsdaily.com, this is the latest offer.

Florida Marlins Acquire:

SP Bronson Arroyo

SP Joe Mays

RP Juan Rincon

Boston Red Sox Acquire:

SP A.J. Burnett

3B Mike Lowell

RP J.C. Romero

Minnesota Twins Acquire:

3B Bill Mueller

RP Matt Perisho

player to be named later

This would be a good deal for all three teams involved. Arroyo is not eligible for free agency until 2008, Rincon had 11 wins last season, and Mays has a good slider. Burnett has been commented by Curt Schilling as having the nastiest stuff in the majors. Mueller is a former batting champ. Are these rumors true? Thanks.

I dont even think Rincon is in here at all. The Red Sox would trade Millar and Mueller to the Twins for Romero and Mays. The Red Sox would then deal Arroyo and Mays for Burnett and Lowell so the deal would look like this:

Florida Gets:

Mays

Arroyo

Prospect/Embree?

Boston Gets:

Romero

Burnett

Lowell

Twins Get:

Mueller

Millar

NirvanaNole has an interesting idea. After this deal, can the Marlins acquire another bat in their lineup? We have plenty of possibilities. One guy I would love to see in a Marlins uniform is Rondell White. He is a great fielder and can hit for average and has some pop in his bat. Other names could include Joe Randa, Eric Byrnes,etc.

I think BoSox should get rid of Bellhorn and put Mueller at 2B. I just think that's the smart thing to do...

868657[/snapback]

Mueller has said he can't play second except in emergency situations because of his past knee injuries and inexperience at the position. They've got Cora and Graffanino as well as two guys in the minors (Dustin Pedroia and Hanley Ramirez is now playing second in the minors as well).

Florida Marlins Acquire:

SP Bronson Arroyo

SP Joe Mays

RP Juan Rincon

Boston Red Sox Acquire:

SP A.J. Burnett

3B Mike Lowell

RP J.C. Romero

Minnesota Twins Acquire:

3B Bill Mueller

RP Matt Perisho

player to be named later

This would be a good deal for all three teams involved. Arroyo is not eligible for free agency until 2008, Rincon had 11 wins last season, and Mays has a good slider. Burnett has been commented by Curt Schilling as having the nastiest stuff in the majors. Mueller is a former batting champ. Are these rumors true? Thanks.

868623[/snapback]

I am confused and I need some help with understanding this one. this may take a second so bear with me.

Starting rotation now barring any injuries

Willis

Beckett

Burnett

Moehler

Vargas or Olsen.

After this trade. Barring any injuries

Willis

Beckett

Moehler

Arroyo

Mays

Valdez

Vargas or Olsen.

Does anyone see where I am going with this. There will be eight potential starters on our team. Even if the team decides to send Olsen down again that leaves seven. A deal for two pitchers is just not worth it to me. Vargas wont be sent back down b/c he really looked good the other night I think he has a secured spot in the rotation until he proves otherwise.

Please give me some insight. This just doesnt make sense

Rincon is awesome but there is no way we could get him.

I would trade AJ and Lowell for Rincon and Arroyo straight up.

They are just trying to throw in Mays and his 7 mil plus contract. Mays isn't bad- his contract is just bad.

This is the best offer I've seen so far. Rincon has ERAs of 2.63 and 2.45 the past 2 years in the AL. He costs only 440 K and the past 2 years has 156 K's in only 126 IP.

The Twins would never give up that much for Mueller.

Right now... I dont like any of the trades ....

The only one that I thought would be not a bad move for us was if the O's included Daniel Cabrera in the deal.

He is a young, talented, cheap pitcher... that is exactly what we need in return...

I have seen Cabrara pitch and he has some good stuff, incredible fastball, but a bit wild at time...but that could be something that can easily be corrected.

Bronson Arroyo...EHHHHH... i think he has benefited alot from those bats up in Boston. He has a mediocre ERA and his stuff is nothing special... (but we also have to remember that his ERA suffers abit since he pitches in the AL)

I dont think it will happen. Mays really wouldnt be much of a help to us either I fear. But, at the same time there needs to be a third team to ease in Mike Lowell's contract.

What about the possibility

Twins

Lowell (cash)

Prospects (Reed perhaps others)

Perisho

BoSox

AJ

Romero

Fish

Arroyo

Hanely

The red sox would get what they desire. We get a SS for next year and a pitcher also. The twins get theird 3B and a young player for next year that they need. Most likely the Sox wouldnt trade Hanely, but could perhaps be a consideration?

Again, the Red Sox are not going to deal Hanley Ramirez in this deal...if they got desperate for Burnett and they had to trade Ramirez, they sure as hell would not take Lowell's contract.

I like this deal because I think Romero is superb, Bill Mueller is a geat team guy and has been solid all year and for three years...but it is past time for Youklis to be our everyday 3B.

But I am against any deal that nets the Red Sox Lowell....

One question...Lowell has mutual options for the next two years...does that mean that the Red Sox or whatever team he ends up to has to agree to extend his deal? How is it different then a team option?

Florida Marlins Acquire:

SP Bronson Arroyo

SP Joe Mays

RP Juan Rincon

Boston Red Sox Acquire:

SP A.J. Burnett

3B Mike Lowell

RP J.C. Romero

Minnesota Twins Acquire:

3B Bill Mueller

RP Matt Perisho

player to be named later

868623[/snapback]

I am confused and I need some help with understanding this one. this may take a second so bear with me.

Starting rotation now barring any injuries

Willis

Beckett

Burnett

Moehler

Vargas or Olsen.

After this trade. Barring any injuries

Willis

Beckett

Moehler

Arroyo

Mays

Valdez

Vargas or Olsen.

Does anyone see where I am going with this. There will be eight potential starters on our team. Even if the team decides to send Olsen down again that leaves seven. A deal for two pitchers is just not worth it to me. Vargas wont be sent back down b/c he really looked good the other night I think he has a secured spot in the rotation until he proves otherwise.

Please give me some insight. This just doesnt make sense

868698[/snapback]

equals Admin beinfest = genius = trade another one of them and a reliever for a el bato grande and still have plenty of room if theres an injury

For the last time THE RED SOX WILL NOT TRADE HANLEY RAMIREZ. Arroyo and Ramiez for Burnett and Romero, no. I might even be hesitant to trade Hanley for Burnett straight up thats how good he could be.

868737[/snapback]

Agreed....this is the first time in a while the Sox have had a prospect this good...

Most likely the Sox wouldnt trade Hanely, but could perhaps be a consideration?

That was the key to that sentence there guys. I have stated many times I am sure they wouldnt give him up. But if you are going to go for broke then might as well try it. Also if you notice in my idea, it was sending lowell actually to the twins with cash. They need a 3B we have one. I am sure they are the outlet team for Lowell. The question is how it will be worked. Aj to the Sox, Lowell to the Twins, Arroyo to the fish then all sorts of stuff elsewhere.

Also I think everyone is setting the bar way too high in trades. Trading for Burnett is one thing, but having a team take on a giant contract for the next two years really limits Burnetts value. The O's may be offering crap (except Penn and maybe Julio) but if a Arroyo and Mays for Burnett and Lowell deal came up thats probaly one of the best deals they could get since having Lowell really limits the number of teams interested and number of teams interested that would take on Lowells salary. Be reasonable your not getting Marte/ McCarthy, not Chachin, not Cabrera, and not Hanley.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.