If this franchise were to relocate..

MrWhite

Obviously, this is something that none of us would ever want to deal with, but in case that it does, what would you do?

I was born and raised in South Florida, but I have had no problems rooting for teams outside of the region.

My favorite NFL team: The Buffalo Bills.

My favorite NBA team: The Houston Rockets.

I absolutely despise the Dolphins and I don't particularly like the Heat. The one team I had home town love for was the Florida Marlins. I always enjoyed going to the ballpark with my family, win or lose (losing mostly when we had our '99 season tickets) it was still a great way to bond. At first glance, it's easy for me to say that I'll be able to still support the franchise given my ability to do so with other sports. But as I think about it, I realize that I won't just be able to throw my full support to wherever this franchise ends up.

No I will not support the franchise should they leave Florida if they are not in Florida they are not the Marlins simple as that. I dont understand how anyone could support the Marlins if they left Florida, the players constantly change so in my eyes you aligned yourself with the city or state of the team local pride etc , you dont have to be local to root for the team , but if the team moves they are no longer the Marlins so if you root for whatever the fanchise becomes to me it looks as if you are rooting for an owner or management because that is the only connection that will remain to the Florida Marlins

I would still suport (THEM) even if they moved to another city under a different name, in my eyes they were the florida marlins, and still are, just under a different name, thats all. Question, will you NOT suport them b/c they will change there name, or will you not suport them b/c they would have moved to a different city. What if they were called the lasvegas marlins, would you suport them then, or would you suport them if they stayed in south florida, and where called the florida rattle snakes.

Depends on what happens between now and the time they move. If they get absolutely no help whatsoever to stay in Florida from this point on, I'd probably support them.

However, if SoFla has a comparable offer to wherever the potential relocation city is, and the team leaves anyway, it's up in the air whether or not I'd support them, largely depending on whether or not the city I live in after college has an MLB team.

If they relocate somewhere in Florida, YES I will continue to support them.

If they relocate out of the state, absolutely NOT.

I agree with this, as long as its not jacksonville or somewhere thats to far to drive to (over 3 hours away) for more than a game or two a year.

I can see out of state fans saying that they would follow the team if it moved, but if you are from florida, or more specifically from south florida I cant see how you could you cheer for a team that left you?

Depends on what happens between now and the time they move. If they get absolutely no help whatsoever to stay in Florida from this point on, I'd probably support them.

However, if SoFla has a comparable offer to wherever the potential relocation city is, and the team leaves anyway, it's up in the air whether or not I'd support them, largely depending on whether or not the city I live in after college has an MLB team.

Exactly the way I feel. :thumbup

I'm a fan of the Fish, plain and simple and will continue to root for this team regardless of where they go. It may be a little harder to follow them as closely without local TV and Radio, but I'll always have the internet and a great site like this one.

Dont worry dude! Theres MLB TV and you can watch every MLB game on your comp!