Reason to hope...

In late June 2003 I went to sleep away camp for the last time.

In late June 2006 I am going away to a sleep away camp.

In late June 2003 the Marlins were in the midst of becoming the hottest team in baseball.

In late June 2006 the Marlins are the hottest team in baseball.

In late June 2003 Mike Lowell was rumored to be going.

In late June 2006 Dontrelle is rumored to be going.

In late June 2003 the Marlins were set to play the Boston Red Sox.

In late June 2006 the Marlins were set to play the Boston Red Sox.

In late June 2003 the Marlins were within striking distance of the Wild Card.

In late June 2006 the Marlins are within striking distance of the Wild Card.

In early July 2003 we shocked the World and declared ourselves contenders by trading for Ugie and announcing Lowell was staying with the team.

In early July 2006...

And this is why we have reason to hope. :mischief

Shock the world: Part II? :mischief2

I thought this was part 3 :blink:

You really consider 1997 to be a Shock to the World? That team was built to win while 2003 wasn't meant to do anything. Maybe some people have their reasons for it to be considered, but 2003 with the way the season was going and what they had to overcome and where they won it is more of a story that shocked the world.

Shock the world: Part II? :mischief2

I thought this was part 3 :blink:

You really consider 1997 to be a Shock to the World? That team was built to win while 2003 wasn't meant to do anything. Maybe some people have their reasons for it to be considered, but 2003 with the way the season was going and what they had to overcome and where they won it is more of a story that shocked the world.

i partially disagree...while that 97 team had one goal in mind...i think that 03 team was built to be a winner...and that was before willis and cabs came on board...just that torborg was so awful with the team that we slipped into mediocrity until torborg was fired and trader jack got us playing the way that team should have played from the start

Shock The World I - Renteria off Nagy's glove up and up the middle

Shock The World II - Weak ground ball, fielded by Beckett, Posada is tagged out

Shock The World III - ????

'Tied at 4 in the bottom of the 9th, Game 5 of the World Series, Fish up 3 games to 1. Mike Jacobs at the plate with 2 down, slumping horribly in the play-offs, batting only .120 as he SENDS IT DEEP! WAY BACK! IT IS...'

You fill in the rest :thumbup

Shock The World I - Renteria off Nagy's glove up and up the middle

Shock The World II - Weak ground ball, fielded by Beckett, Posada is tagged out

Shock The World III - ????

'Tied at 4 in the bottom of the 9th, Game 5 of the World Series, Fish up 3 games to 1. Mike Jacobs at the plate with 2 down, slumping horribly in the play-offs, batting only .120 as he SENDS IT DEEP! WAY BACK! IT IS...'

You fill in the rest :thumbup

Holy crap!......Wow!......

Crisp rob it!!! The game is still tie!!!

Bot 9th, Moehler come to the mound and on the first pitch Lowell hit for a single, he then get 2 outs. Alex Gonzalez is up and he hit a homer to win it on the first pitch too. Series now 3-2. Marlins was leading the series 3-0 but now all of the sudden it feels like the Bos/NYY series in 2004.

In game 6 it was a mismatch between Beckett and Johnson. Johnson continue to struggle in the playoff coming to the game with a 6.78 era and 0-2. He get the lose decision after going only 3 innings with 6 runs and 3 earn runs with only 1 k. It got worst in Marlins bullpen too as Herge take the mound. He pitch 2 destructive innings allowing 8 runs. Bos win game 6 with 17-4 BOS.

Game 7, Bos is making another 3-0 series comeback, Willis take the mound vs Schilling. After 2 good performence from both starter. Both pitch identical 6 innings, 2 runs with 12 K. Both bullpen allow 2 runs in 2 innings. Tied at 4 in the bottom of the 9th. Mike Jacobs at the plate with 2 down, slumping horribly in the play-offs, batting only .110 as he SENDS IT DEEP! WAY BACK! IT IS GONE!!!