Marlins need to trade Hermida for his own good

Mudcatsfan2

I've been mystified by Hermida's performance because i thought injury would be the only thing holding him back from great success.

He has a GREAT eye at the plate, and had over 100 walks in a minor league season.

He then was able to turn up the power where he looked like a 25 HR threat easily.

None of this has translated to MLB.

While looking through his split stats I noticed the following.....

He has some odd splits, but they can be explained by small sample sizes, for instance, he's actually MUCH better vs Lefties than righties....

OBP SLG AVG

.320 .469 .306

vs

.306 .388 .184

And he's much better in day vs night

OBP SLG AVG

.326 .585 .268

305 .351 .207

But here's a split where the sample sizes are equal.

OBP SLG AVG

HOME .218 .319 .153

AWAY .385 .500 .288

If Jeremy was hitting .288 with .385 OBP and slugging FIVE HUNDRED we'd all be a bit happier wouldn't we?

Trade Jeremy, apparently he can't hit in Dolphin Stadium :)

Are you trying to say his power numbers won't be good in our stadium? We know our park isn't a home run park anyway, but even so...

Of his 16 career home runs, 10 are at home. His doubles & triples are about even too. Most of the difference is just coming from singles & a better batting average on the road, and I don't know how to argue that a guy hits singles better on the road.

He still doesn't have a complete season worth of at-bats in the majors yet. Let's give it some time.

Hermida is frustrating to watch develop but seeing as how the Fish aren't exactly playoff material this year, I don't think we're

hurting anything by sticking him out there and seeing what he can do.

More importantly it is not like we have someone waiting in the wings who can replace Hermida better to keep running him out there to see what kind of player he is . The one major disappointment i have with Hermida is his defense very shotty , on his offense i think by the end of this year we will see if Hermida will sink or swim

i just think its funny how if someone doesnt like hermida, that person is automatically a retard, a potato, both or a french fry...its amazing how much censoring of ideas goes on this board and it doesnt even come from the moderators

its more to do with the fact that all of the people we call up from the minors are expected to be miggy or dontrelle.

if they dont hit a walkoff homerun in their first game everyone starts making dumb posts about how they:

a)suck

b)should be traded

c)should be sent to the minors

d)suck

its annoying

i just think its funny how if someone doesnt like hermida, that person is automatically a retard, a potato, both or a french fry...its amazing how much censoring of ideas goes on this board and it doesnt even come from the moderators

:sleeping