Mitchell Report

Ramp

I've heard it's going to be A LOT of Mets and former Mets because their former clubhouse assistant was handing the stuff out or something like that...

Rey Ordonez, Todd Zeille, Timo Perez...guys like that really wouldn't surprise me at all

Perhaps Piazza? We'll see

I'm skeptical of this report, even moreso after reading the long ESPN article about it today:

"The problem was, what did they want us to say?" said a team trainer who was interviewed by Mitchell's investigators in 2006. "They wanted us to speculate. And I wouldn't do that. They wanted me to say who I thought was using steroids. And when I said, 'I don't know,' they would say, 'Well, you work most closely with these guys. You work on their bodies every day. You weren't the least bit suspicious when you saw their bodies change?'

"This was the kind of stuff I was most afraid of, because they didn't ask me about specific people with specific information that they had. They asked me to guess. I said my guess was no guess at all, because what would happen to me if I said a guy was using steroids who wasn't? What if I guessed wrong? Then my name is out there, I get fired, and I'm easily replaceable."

full article

AROD or Griffey would upset me

Griffey would really upset me, but I started wondering when he kept getting injured.

My sleeper pick- Kenny Lofton.

Has more to do with the fact that he has a slender frame and that he never trained or conditioned like he should have for years.

I concur though, that would suck. He and Roger Clemens are the players who really got me in to baseball.

I'll go ahead and throw out Nomar Garciaparra. At one time one of my favorite players and I named my dog after him. :( Would not surprise me though.

I'm skeptical of this report, even moreso after reading the long ESPN article about it today:

"The problem was, what did they want us to say?" said a team trainer who was interviewed by Mitchell's investigators in 2006. "They wanted us to speculate. And I wouldn't do that. They wanted me to say who I thought was using steroids. And when I said, 'I don't know,' they would say, 'Well, you work most closely with these guys. You work on their bodies every day. You weren't the least bit suspicious when you saw their bodies change?'

"This was the kind of stuff I was most afraid of, because they didn't ask me about specific people with specific information that they had. They asked me to guess. I said my guess was no guess at all, because what would happen to me if I said a guy was using steroids who wasn't? What if I guessed wrong? Then my name is out there, I get fired, and I'm easily replaceable."

full article

that's how investigations are conducted. nothing wrong with that.

I doubt the report is based on speculation. Sh*t will hit the fan with lawyers filing law suits and the MLBPA creating havoc.

with that said, I'm skeptical for different reasons. We shall see how serious this thing is tomorrow.

Why would you be 'rooting' for guys who hold a high place in the history of baseball to be named in this report?

I understand wanting cheaters to be exposed but why would you hope guys that have been dominant over their careers to be on this list?

Because

1. It will take away the argument from some people (that I vehemently disagree with) that Bonds record is tainted. Seeing a fan favorite like Roger Clemens who was dominate for years was on steroids also as a pitcher, would mean the media would have to also erase all his accomplishments/put an asterisk next to his name/deny his entry to the hall of fame. If not, it is clearly a double standard. I think we will start to see the sensible argument used more frequently that hey...steroids were just a part of the game in this era, they were not illegal in baseball terms, deal with it, Barry Bonds was the best of all time.

2. I don't like Roger Clemens.