Just came accross some pics

Seen these, this is the old model but this is what they are sticking too...

Yeah, definitely the old one. But how do you know they are sticking to this? Or are you just speculating?

Speculating on the design, but as far as the material they said they are sticking with the glass type look

Yeah, definitely the old one. But how do you know they are sticking to this? Or are you just speculating?

Speculating on the design, but as far as the material they said they are sticking with the glass type look

Well, they also said it's going to be similar to Minute Maid Park in Houston, so I don't think it's going to look like that.

Well, they also said it's going to be similar to Minute Maid Park in Houston, so I don't think it's going to look like that.

I'm sure you are talking about this statement:

Samson added that the Marlins facility will more closely resemble Minute Maid Park in Houston than some of the other retractable-roofed stadiums, like the ones in Milwaukee and Arizona.

When he stated that I think he meant in the context of the retractable-roof type, not how the stadium would look like. He said it would be more like Minute Maid instead of like Chase field or Miller Park. As you know, Minute Maid Park has more of an outdoor feel when the roof is open, where as both Chase Field and Miller Park have more of an enclosed feel even with the roof open. I think he just was trying to say the Marlins ballpark will have a feel of an open air ballpark like Minute Maid and unlike the enclosed feel like the one present in Miller Park and Chase Field.

I'm sure you are talking about this statement:

Samson added that the Marlins facility will more closely resemble Minute Maid Park in Houston than some of the other retractable-roofed stadiums, like the ones in Milwaukee and Arizona.

When he stated that I think he meant in the context of the retractable-roof type, not how the stadium would look like. He said it would be more like Minute Maid instead of like Chase field or Miller Park. As you know, Minute Maid Park has more of an outdoor feel when the roof is open, where as both Chase Field and Miller Park have more of an enclosed feel even with the roof open. I think he just was trying to say the Marlins ballpark will have a feel of an open air ballpark like Minute Maid and unlike the enclosed feel like the one present in Miller Park and Chase Field.

Don't crush my dreams...

Is that the actual stadium, or a mall that they're planning to build next door?

I dunno. You don't need walls in SoFla, just some rain/sun cover. The Rays got it right. This design seems pretty 1990's, to me, and will look really foolish in 10-15 years. Somewhere between retro and Star Wars, there must be a happy medium.

I believe a few years ago this design surfaced because the Marlins wanted some sort of "hurricane proof" stadium and these renderings were part of those plans.

They did not design it that way because they wanted to make it "hurricane proof". They designed it that way because they wanted it to look that way, period. One can make any design style (whether retro, contemporary, etc) hurricane proof. Btw, this new upcoming design will also have to be "hurricane proof" to meet the county's stringent hurricane code.

I noticed that the stadium picture Admin used in the "building the future" skin is the second picture posted on this thread.

:mis2

I guess I'm pretty observant.

Beetle did that. And very well.

My appologies to Beetle.

Nice work.

Wow, I haven't seen those either, but they looks similar to some old ones. Maybe someone just made these. The official renderings will be out in July, according to the team.

i heard in july their will another vote for ballpark at county comm meeting with marlins that when design will showning to comm and press

HAHAHAAHA.. I counted 546 parking spaces in that stadium! rofl. Where is the other 20,000 of parking?

Anyway, we all know this isn't gonna happen anyway, but wow, would that have been ridiculous. Im happy they demolished the orange bowl.

Did you also count the spots behind the stadium from that perspective? Not that it matters, just sayin'