5/25 Post Game

He just keeps on proving how bad of a decision it was to not lock him up earlier every day.

Not really costing much long term money. He's 5 seasons after this one from free agency.

It costs the Marlins money in that every day that passes by the price tag for a multiyear deal goes up. And it will continue to go up until the Marlins lock him up.

He just keeps on proving how bad of a decision it was to not lock him up earlier every day.

Not really costing much long term money. He's 5 seasons after this one from free agency.

It costs the Marlins money in that every day that passes by the price tag for a multiyear deal goes up. And it will continue to go up until the Marlins lock him up.

You do not buy a car without a test drive, you don't sign a player long term till they have 1 complete season under his belt. Start talking long term after he hits his 50th home-run this year.

You do not buy a car without a test drive, you don't sign a player long term till they have 1 complete season under his belt. Start talking long term after he hits his 50th home-run this year.

I think we have seen enough to know he is the real deal. I think we saw enough last year. If you haven't seen enough this year - I am sorry to say - you are a fool. Once you wait for the 50th homerun to land any chance of a cheap longterm deal evaporates. Then you just play out the cost controlled years and hope for the best.

I think we have seen enough to know he is the real deal. I think we saw enough last year. If you haven't seen enough this year - I am sorry to say - you are a fool. Once you wait for the 50th homerun to land any chance of a cheap longterm deal evaporates. Then you just play out the cost controlled years and hope for the best.

Are we going to get him for an Evan Longoria deal?

No.

But even looking at Hanley's deal, which did not take place until his arbitration started, we probably saved 20-25 million over the 6 years of that contract.

The Diamondbacks signed Upton to a 6 year deal after his 2nd year, and probably saved $16 mil over it's life.

Ok, yeah, Longoria signed the week he was called up and they'll probably save $40 mil over the length, which is amazing.

But he's still 5 years AFTER this year from making real big money. That's huge. He's still got a year of minimum and a super two year. He can't demand any insane amounts for those years, and youll still get big savings for his arbitration years. There's nothing to worry about.

Are we going to get him for an Evan Longoria deal?

No.

But even looking at Hanley's deal, which did not take place until his arbitration started, we probably saved 20-25 million over the 6 years of that contract.

The Diamondbacks signed Upton to a 6 year deal after his 2nd year, and probably saved $16 mil over it's life.

Ok, yeah, Longoria signed the week he was called up and they'll probably save $40 mil over the length, which is amazing.

But he's still 5 years AFTER this year from making real big money. That's huge. He's still got a year of minimum and a super two year. He can't demand any insane amounts for those years, and youll still get big savings for his arbitration years. There's nothing to worry about.

Just keep repeating that last bit and you may believe it eventually.

Just keep repeating that last bit and you may believe it eventually.

What kind of contract do you think he's going to get if he signs tomorrow as opposed to in the offseason?

Specifics, please, with comparable contracts for comparable players with comparable playing time, please.

If you can't provide that, then you're just talking crap.

After the game: "We kind of have this little fireball that we need to prove something," Stanton said. "I think even in a game like this, it doesn't matter, because they're expected to win. They're the defending champs, and people don't give us a chance, no matter what our record is. That's our little fire -- the underdog. We have nothing to lose, in a sense."

By the way, Marlins are Road Warriors with best Road Record in the majors: 14 - 7

good to hear, hopefully he's back soon.

Cousins called the collision a clean play and said he was sending his best wishes to Posey.

"It's a baseball play," Cousins said. "That's part of the risk of being a catcher. We're trying to win games also. I'm not going to concede the out. Not in that situation. Not ever.

"I'm on this team to help do the little things to help this team win the game. If that means going hard and force the issue on the bases, that's what I'm going to do. I'm not conceding an out."

Cousins, who is from the Bay Area, used his speed to help the Marlins pull out a dramatic win in a grueling 4-hour, 6-minute contest.

"Great feeling to help this team win, I don't care where we're at," the Marlins reserve outfielder said. "I don't know if I'm going to be welcomed home as much any more. But it's a baseball play. I feel bad for Buster Posey. I hope he's OK. I really do. I'm going to send a message over there to him.

Kinda overlooked with everything that went on this game but Volstad had a decent outing too.

good to hear, hopefully he's back soon.

Cousins called the collision a clean play and said he was sending his best wishes to Posey.

"It's a baseball play," Cousins said. "That's part of the risk of being a catcher. We're trying to win games also. I'm not going to concede the out. Not in that situation. Not ever.

"I'm on this team to help do the little things to help this team win the game. If that means going hard and force the issue on the bases, that's what I'm going to do. I'm not conceding an out."

Cousins, who is from the Bay Area, used his speed to help the Marlins pull out a dramatic win in a grueling 4-hour, 6-minute contest.

"Great feeling to help this team win, I don't care where we're at," the Marlins reserve outfielder said. "I don't know if I'm going to be welcomed home as much any more. But it's a baseball play. I feel bad for Buster Posey. I hope he's OK. I really do. I'm going to send a message over there to him.

Kinda overlooked with everything that went on this game but Volstad had a decent outing too.

Yeah Volstad pitched good and is improving too with all these strikeouts. A run scores from stealing home with a run down going on around second base? Thats Little league stuff. Volstads ERA doesnt nedd that kind of bad luck. Then the pen blows his win with a 4 run 9th inning? Welcome to the world of Josh Johnson.