2011-12 NFL Thread

Dr Beinfest

Some big games next week with playoff implications:

New Orleans (6-3) @ Atlanta (5-3)

Detroit (6-2) @ Chicago (5-3)

NYG (6-2) @ SF (7-1)

Pittsburgh (6-3) @ Cinci (6-2)

New England (5-3) @ NYJ (5-3)

Also.. must wins for Dallas (4-4) playing at home against Buffalo (5-3) and TB (4-4) playing at home against Houston (6-3).

Plus, big week for the jumbled AFC West.. Oakland (4-4) @ SD (4-4) and Denver (3-5) @ KC (4-4)

Should be an entertaining week of football!

The Dolphins are a unanimous pick by ESPN to win this week. Are the Redskins starting their 4th string QB? And the pickers seem to have forgotten that the Dolphins don't have a home field advantage. Most of them picked the Colts to win.

Well the Skins are starting John Beck and I believe top WR and RB are out. I think the skins might only win another game the rest of the way.

I honestly think the Colts will lose out. This Sunday is their best chance with Jacksonville at home. If they lose this, they won't win a game.

Barkley, here we come :)

Nah, the Dolphins will end up winning 5 or 6 games and miss all the good QB's. The curse will live on. :(

Getting a bit high on a win over two really, really bad teams? The only game they've got a chance at winning from here on out barring a complete upset is against Oakland.

I'd be really surprised if they walk out with more than 3 wins.

Jets took quite a beating yesterday. Three turnovers and a missed 24 yard field goal didn't help...

On the bright side, the Jets next 4 games look very manageable:

Denver

Buffalo

Washington

Kansas City

Hopefully, they'll take care of business and get to 8-4.

Obviously, they must win at least 3 of those. At 8-5, they'd need to go 2-1 down the stretch. NYG is a tough game, and Philly is still talented. Of course they can't afford to lose to Miami. Really, they should be able to be 10-6 or 11-5, but you never know. That was an ugly second half.