Best Burger

Is Rally's the same as Checker's? Their fries are great

Of those listed, I am a fan of Steak n Shake's greasy ass awesome food

Never heard of 5 guys and don't have White Castle, What-a-burger or Jack-in-the-box in my area. Do you guys have Culver's or is that a midwestern thing?

Best burger in my area belongs to Boozie's!

5 Guys is good and I recognize that but Id take a Steak&Shake steak burger 5 out of 7 times. Yes, Checkers and Rallys are the same thing and I think they have the second best fries of all the places up here. 5 Guys burgers are bomb and thats what this is about but their fries are quite a aways away from their burgers. They have you and ass load of em but they just arent good. LOL And for the guy who said he's only tried Big Macs and Whoppers man go out and get your burger game up! Get a Wendys Tripple Stack burger...those are even better than macs and whoppers lol.

We don't have too many of those restaurants here in Maine (except for McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's, of course). A Five Guys opened in Portland about 11 months ago (and only a 5 minute walk from work too!), but I had previously had tried them while visiting my grandmother in Ohio a few years ago. They are great, and I enjoy how generous they are with the amount of fries you get. (I once saw them put in two additional scoops of fries into the bag, which already contained a full cup of fries.) The customization of toppings is also a huge plus, so I would vote for them with the caveat that I haven't tried most of the other choices.

A Red Robin just opened last month in South Portland, and I got to go there before they opened as part of their test run. It was OK... I wouldn't be opposed to going again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to either.

Okay instead of bitching at all of you:

• Big Mac -> f*** you this shouldn't even be on here
  • Whopper/Double Whopper -> See above
  • 5 Guys double cheese -> For God's sake it doesn't have to have cheese and it's not signature, just delicious and the clear winner.
  • Hardees Thick Burger -> Never had it.
  • Steak and Shake Steak Burgereak -> Whoever claimed they'd take a sh*tty steak n shake drunk-people-food sandwich over Five Guys... hah.
  • White Castle Mini Burger -> Doesn't even qualify as drunk food, stoner food and absolutely disgusting when sober.
  • In&Out West Coast Burger-> Only heard good things but Shake Shack in New York proved that it could be all talk.
  • Jack-N-The-Box Grilled Sourdough -> Never had it.
  • Wendys Classic Single -> You sick bastard, you don't even call the triple out? See Whopper.
  • Sonic Bacon Double Cheese -> See Whopper.
  • Fud Ruckers -> Tastes homemade for all the wrong reasons. I could make a burger like this at home.
  • Red Robin -> Never had it.
  • What-A-Burger -> See In&Out
  • Rallys Double Cheese Burger (Checkers)-> See Wendy's but add 3 levels of respect (where maxiumum respect is still ~50).

I like Hardees for what it is, but it's nowhere close to elite on the burger side.

They do make damn good chicken fingers, though -- actually crispy!! -- and good onion rings, too. There's one just down the street from my apartment, and it's my guilty pleasure treat, although it's been several months now since I last had it.

There's a place for everything and the Big Mac deserves some respect.

Personally, I don't consider traditional fast food chains to be on par with the new age fast casual service of burger fi or five guys. I look at them more like dive bars.. Not pretty but a very specific role to fill.

On another note the best burger I've ever had is a tossup between Mac's in Gainesville (NW 10th Ave and Main) an Mighty Fine in Austin, TX

There's a place for everything and the Big Mac deserves some respect.

Personally, I don't consider traditional fast food chains to be on par with the new age fast casual service of burger fi or five guys. I look at them more like dive bars.. Not pretty but a very specific role to fill.

On another note the best burger I've ever had is a tossup between Mac's in Gainesville (NW 10th Ave and Main) an Mighty Fine in Austin, TX

It's not a burger! It's hardly even beef!

Anyone who didn't vote for In-N-Out has never had In-N-Out. Seriously, I almost expected it to not be as good as I'd heard just because the hype machine was so well oiled and running, but it might actually be better than people say it is. Also, it is cheaper than the cardboard from McDonald's and other large scale fast food "restaurants"