7/28 Post Game

Can we please take a second and appreciate that Cishek is the best closer we've had in YEARS. I haven't felt this safe watching close games in the 9th since watching the likes of Armando Benitez, Joe Borowski, and Todd Jones finishing off games.

Can we please take a second and appreciate that Cishek is the best closer we've had in YEARS. I haven't felt this safe watching close games in the 9th since watching the likes of Armando Benitez, Joe Borowski, and Todd Jones finishing off games.

Would you take a top prospect for him if such an offer came in before the trade deadline?

This. Completely different feeling watching Cishek than the "oh no is it going to happen again" feeling I would get with the likes of Gregg, Lindstrum or that guy formally known as Nunez.

Would you take a top prospect for him if such an offer came in before the trade deadline?

I've said recently that it would take a Nick Castellanos to make me willing to part with Cishek. He's under team control for a while longer and he's been putting up sub 3 ERA's consistently. Unless you get top value in return, you keep a pitcher like Cishek.

But if an offer were to come where we get offered somebody who can be a well above average position player in the near future, Cishek is expendable.

I've said recently that it would take a Nick Castellanos to make me willing to part with Cishek. He's under team control for a while longer and he's been putting up sub 3 ERA's consistently. Unless you get top value in return, you keep a pitcher like Cishek.

But if an offer were to come where we get offered somebody who can be a well above average position player in the near future, Cishek is expendable.

Yeah, let me reiterate I did say top prospect so, yeah, we're in a very strong position in this case. MLB.com has him at #13 overall (Yelich at #10) and I would agree with your position.

This. Completely different feeling watching Cishek than the "oh no is it going to happen again" feeling I would get with the likes of Gregg, Lindstrum or that guy formally known as Nunez.

And um, er, Bell.

I remember when Benitez was basically unhittable. Borowski definitely had his moments but Todd Jones was great as well but faded a little at the end.

I've said recently that it would take a Nick Castellanos to make me willing to part with Cishek.

word is the Marlins agree with that. they want one of a team's top prospects.