Marlins re-sign Greg Dobbs

h2r09

Don't mind it, probably a real cheap deal and he's just a pinch hitter anyway for the most part. He had a down year in that role but he was solid as a PH before this season.

Don't mind it, probably a real cheap deal and he's just a pinch hitter anyway for the most part. He had a down year in that role but he was solid as a PH before this season.

It's a roster spot that can be better spent on a guy who's younger and more versatile.

Pinch-hitting is not a skill. It's hitting and he's a bad hitter.

I think being a lefty is big factor in it, yes.

Not everyone can pinch-hit anyway. I do consider it a skill personally. Yes I know, Dobbs didn't pinch-hit well this year either but he has a good track record at least.

I don't see this is as a problem, it's not like it's going to change what we do this off-season.

What're the chances the marlins pay anyone besides the arb guys more than $1.7m?

There's a decent chance. Question though will be if the guy who winds up getting it was worth it.

Just think about it. Who's gonna sign with Marlins as a hell for FA player?

I think Loria and FO deserved it on themselves.

I would rather see Loria pocket 1.7 million dollars than spend it on Greg Dobbs.

I find it shocking Dobbs can command that much $ from the stingiest FO in baseball (That clearly has no regard for WAR or any other relevant baseball stats). The guy is completely and utterly worthless.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.