Marlins sign Marmol

Jokersgoon

That wouldn't exactly be comforting.

I just don't see why the Marlins need 10 relievers. Ramos, Capps, Marmol, Caminero, and Koehler, with a slew of strong lefties and guys like Wittigren, DeScalfani, and Urena coming soon is a pretty nice depth chart sans Cishek. Baker/Marmol salary is about what Cishek is making too. I'm just saying, if Stephen Drew resigns in Boston, there are no AB for Middlebrooks as Boegarts is going to play and Cishek makes a lot of sense on that team (considering he has 4 years of control). I'm not sold on Middlebrooks, but at the same time, gambling on power is never a bad thing. Inversely, Boston's bullpen would be amazing. Kind of a win-win.

More than anything I'm shocked that this is a guaranteed contract and not a reclamation project on a minor league deal. Why guarantee a guy with a renowned history of failure? Our pen and its depth are a silent strength of this team, why risk disrupting the makeup of a pretty nice bullpen? You can bet he'll be given the eight inning from the start. For a team that stressed keeping Cishek for the sake of preserving wins for the psyche of its young players, this move seems to be the exact opposite of that mindset. Ugh.