NL East

I understand there's arguing but i don;t want to go back and read the source of it.

What is all the ruckus about and why?

It's very simple, really. While it was widely understood this team would not be a contender, a group of us decided to support the team anyway and cheer them on much to the shagrin of a certain other group who believe supporting this team is waste of time simply because statistically it is unsustainable (even though no one has said it is sustainable). This has caused the argument as the initial group cheers the team while second group has had a constant need to remind everyone the team is not good and/or have a myriad of issues, otherwise attempting to kill the mood of those communicating how good the team is performing as of late. This is where the arguments have emanated.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The Marlins are clearly our favorite team if we spend any amount of time posting on a website devoted to the team. They have been mediocre for many, many, many years. In those years everyone here has rooted for them. Now they are showing signs of life, contention and just overall a fun product to watch. Why not just enjoy it? If they crash and become the worst team so be it, if they continue and contend for the playoffs that's great. There should be no difference in your fandom. Enjoy the ride while it lasts and be proud of what this team is accomplishing.

From what I can see is that there are posters on here that are either:

A) Overreacting to the start we've had so far, thinking that we are playoff-bound today

B) Anticipating the eventual free-fall with discouraging degree of negativity

or

C) People who aren't saying anything because this is stupid.

I pick: C) I'm stupid.

• 5 weeks later...

From what I can see is that there are posters on here that are either:

A) Overreacting to the start we've had so far, thinking that we are playoff-bound today

B) Anticipating the eventual free-fall with discouraging degree of negativity

or

C) People who aren't saying anything because this is stupid.

Im B, I dont get my hopes up for anything at anytime, when I was 15 sure. But as you live life you start to realize that things dont always go the way you like em to go. No matter how much you yell at the players, lol

Guest Vince0926

I love that we are tied but I'm worn out from this cubs series. Glad for the day off tomorrow and I hope San Fran and Colorado can win tomorrow. We can first place alone if both of these teams win, also, go reds tomorrow!!

Our next 31 games [up until the All-Star break] consist of:

2 @ Rangers [31-32]

3 vs Pirates [29-33]

3 vs Cubs [25-35]

4 vs Mets [28-35]

4 @ Phillies [25-36]

3 vs Athletics [39-24]

3 vs Phillies

3 @ Cardinals [33-31]

3 @ Diamondbacks [28-37]

3 @ Mets

Those, of course, are their current records. I think 19-12 is doable, which would put us at 51-42 going into the break. 16 of the 31 are at home, other 15 on road. 19-12? Why not?

2 @ Rangers [31-32]

3 vs Pirates [29-33]

3 vs Cubs [25-35]

4 vs Mets [28-35]

4 @ Phillies [25-36]

3 vs Athletics [39-24]

3 vs Phillies

3 @ Cardinals [33-31]

3 @ Diamondbacks [28-37]

3 @ Mets

Those, of course, are their current records. I think 19-12 is doable, which would put us at 51-42 going into the break. 16 of the 31 are at home, other 15 on road. 19-12? Why not?

Very doable. Didn't want to say it but, as you've pointed out, we generally have a weak schedule. While it didn't work in this series, it should pan out better with these games plus having a good number of those games at home doesn't hurt.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

2 @ Rangers [31-32]

3 vs Pirates [29-33]

3 vs Cubs [25-35]

4 vs Mets [28-35]

4 @ Phillies [25-36]

3 vs Athletics [39-24]

3 vs Phillies

3 @ Cardinals [33-31]

3 @ Diamondbacks [28-37]

3 @ Mets

Wow that's awesome and pretty doable. No matter what anyone thinks of this season so far it's very nice to be in such a nice position in June.

2 @ Rangers [31-32] 1-1

3 vs Pirates [29-33] 1-2

3 vs Cubs [25-35] 1-1 [game 3 pending]

4 vs Mets [28-35]

4 @ Phillies [25-36]

3 vs Athletics [39-24]

3 vs Phillies

3 @ Cardinals [33-31]

3 @ Diamondbacks [28-37]

3 @ Mets

I think 19-12 is doable

So far, 3-4. We need to go bonkers on the Mets and Phillies after this series.

16-8? Possible, since the deadwood load is lighter and only 6 remaining games to the break are against winning teams.

Time for a streak. They need a run of about 20-4 to really get anywhere and actually be in serious contention. Who knows? Anything can happen.

16-8? Possible, since the deadwood load is lighter and only 6 remaining games to the break are against winning teams.

Time for a streak. They need a run of about 20-4 to really get anywhere and actually be in serious contention. Who knows? Anything can happen.

That wouldn't put us in contention, that would likely put us in a very comfortable lead. The Marlins need to go 0-0 from this point forward to be in contention, given that both the Braves and Nationals apparently aren't as good as we've been led to believe.

By "serious" contention I mean proving the ability to win games more consistently than we have. Like, for instance, the 9 teams who have won MORE than 36 games to this point.

Including the Marlins, there are 7 teams who have won only 36 games. We lose one lousy game and we become perhaps the 16th best record in MLB. Not exactly in "serious" contention, just average.

It's gonna take a lot of 6-4 or better 10 game sets to get anywhere, one can't assume that ATL and WSH are going to be relative crap all year.