3. Dobbs RF

4. Eckstein 1B

5. Scutaro 3B

6. Victorino CF

7. Aoki LF

8. Carroll C

9. Penny P

MIAMI MARLGRIT

Hory sheit Eckstein at first base :lol Overthrow city!

Is Aaron Miles on the bench?

I don't know if he gets the Arizona job, although anything is possible in that strangely run organization, but I want Beinfest to get a GM job somewhere just so I can compare what he does to what he did here out of curiousity more than anything else.

I never disliked Beinfest. In fact, I always thought he was pretty damn good considering his restraints. If it were up to him he would have never traded Cabrera, which was his only big fuck up. Other than that, he was able to show a strong talent for being resourceful by acquiring a number of contributing players over the years by any means necessary. He strung together some winning teams with glue and paper clips. He also managed to lock down some great players to smart deals and the only one he didn't (Uggla) not only returned good value but later imploded.

Unfortunately for him, one failed free agent acquisition in Heath Bell likely cost him his job. If he didn't blow all those games early in 2012, that entire season might have turned out very different.

I never disliked Beinfest. In fact, I always thought he was pretty damn good considering his restraints. If it were up to him he would have never traded Cabrera, which was his only big fuck up. Other than that, he was able to show a strong talent for being resourceful by acquiring a number of contributing players over the years by any means necessary. He strung together some winning teams with glue and paper clips. He also managed to lock down some great players to smart deals and the only one he didn't (Uggla) not only returned good value but later imploded.

Unfortunately for him, one failed free agent acquisition in Heath Bell likely cost him his job. If he didn't blow all those games early in 2012, that entire season might have turned out very different.

Beinfest fucked up the Cabs deal.

We had a chance to rape the Dodgers and Angels, but he passed. We literally could have a Cy young and a MVP canidate ALREADY on this team.

Never trade with Dombrowski

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/angels-and-dodg.html

Beinfest fucked up the Cabs deal.

We had a chance to rape the Dodgers and Angels, but he passed. We literally could have a Cy young and a MVP canidate ALREADY on this team.

Never trade with Dombrowski

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/angels-and-dodg.html

He should have never had to trade Cabrera. But when you're forced to do something like that, it's a crapshoot. I don't blame him for that, I blame Loria.

He should have never had to trade Cabrera. But when you're forced to do something like that, it's a crapshoot. I don't blame him for that, I blame Loria.

I blame Beinfest. If a players as fat, bloated and out of shape like Cabs was and eating himself out of a defensive position in the NL you don't sign a guy like that. He needed to get a better return and more can't miss prospects, not just top guys.

Who in the right mind makes a long term commitment to a guy who won't stay in shape to get a 100MM contract. What did anyone think would hAppen once he got paid?

The best thing for Miggys career was being traded, and being traded to a baseball hungry market who demands the best from their guys.

The trade hurt his ego and made him take better care of himself to show the trade was a bad idea, and detroit a constant pressure makes him atleast want to stay relevant.

In Miami, a 10 game slump would be something we despise, but the pressure wouldn't have been the same.

In Detroit, a 10 game slump means Ford, Chevy and Dodge all went out of business, and now there's a 95% unemployment rate. Chaos and riots ensue.

Miggy doesn't want a riot, so he stops at 6 empanadas, not 10.

1. Beinfest was a lazy GM. He would get tunnel vision and then only focus on that in trade talks.

2. Yes he fucked up the Cabrera deal. Blame his scouting department more. The prospects he got were supposed to be legit (though I think they fucked up Maybin more by rushing him).

3. Wasnt Heath Bell more a Loria deal?

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's widely know the marlins were concerned about his weight, he kept eating, they told him lose weight and you'll get a contract, he didn't, so they traded his lard ass.

No, I agree that they were concerned about his weight.

I don't agree that was or should have been a legitimate concern for one of the greatest hitters of a generation to be traded at 24-years-old. And it's not one of those "in retrospect..." situations, either, because we knew even then that he was a once in a lifetime hitter.

The Marlins traded Cabrera because Loria is a cheap bastard. Fat or not, he was still one of the best young hitters in baseball at the time of the trade. This isn't a beauty contest.

We play in the NL.

While Loria is cheap- what cheap person wants to invest in something that isn't going to last long?