Fourth Outfielder

Bonifacio can play all all INF positions and can play CF if Yelich needs time off. DD should be getting reps in AAA.

You say that like we have Bonifacio.

And marlins09, Middlebrooks can't hit. It's been on display for two years now. I will take Dietrich over him every time right now.

Middlebrooks has outproduced DD in every aspect and level in his career. Dietrich has a career sub .700 OPS in the majors. He hasn't proven anything in the big leagues. Not to mention he's played less than 10 professional games at 3B. Middlebrooks lit it up in 75 games in 2012 and despite battling injuries the last 2 years, still managed a better year in 2013 than Dietrich has put together in his career. Your argument is comical and clueless. I'm guessing you are one of "those guys" on this board.

What career stats are you looking at? DD's career OPS is .694 in the worst hitters park in baseball. Middlebrooks is .695 in one of the best hitters parks. So Middlebrooks has outproduced Dietrich by next to nothing. Basing your argument on the 75 games he had three years ago is what's comical. DD is trending upward and improving while Middlebrooks has forgotten how to swing a bat. My argument is comical? Your defense and Will Middlebrooks offense are comical.

Definitely should check on venable and maybe even middlebrooks if they want to keep being crazy. Don't know if we have that much to deal

Dan Haren

Not even close to enough for venable and middlebrooks

Why on earth do we need Middlebrooks? And why in the world would they trade a guy they just acquired to be a starter?

Because we have absolutely no true 3B option for the future and it would allow the marlins to slide prado to 2B and Gordon back to SS and give the marlins flexibility if Hech doesn't pan out. I'm not saying they would trade him, but it would be worth a mention if they are already talking venable. They have talked about Myers so just because they acquired someone doesn't mean they won't deal him

I am pretty sure we are trying to improve as a team. As bad as it might sound, Hechavarria > Middlebrooks.

Bonifacio can play all all INF positions and can play CF if Yelich needs time off. DD should be getting reps in AAA.

And marlins09, Middlebrooks can't hit. It's been on display for two years now. I will take Dietrich over him every time right now.

Middlebrooks has outproduced DD in every aspect and level in his career. Dietrich has a career sub .700 OPS in the majors. He hasn't proven anything in the big leagues. Not to mention he's played less than 10 professional games at 3B. Middlebrooks lit it up in 75 games in 2012 and despite battling injuries the last 2 years, still managed a better year in 2013 than Dietrich has put together in his career. Your argument is comical and clueless. I'm guessing you are one of "those guys" on this board.

What career stats are you looking at? DD's career OPS is .694 in the worst hitters park in baseball. Middlebrooks is .695 in one of the best hitters parks. So Middlebrooks has outproduced Dietrich by next to nothing. Basing your argument on the 75 games he had three years ago is what's comical. DD is trending upward and improving while Middlebrooks has forgotten how to swing a bat. My argument is comical? Your defense and Will Middlebrooks offense are comical.

They both suck

And marlins09, Middlebrooks can't hit. It's been on display for two years now. I will take Dietrich over him every time right now.Middlebrooks has outproduced DD in every aspect and level in his career. Dietrich has a career sub .700 OPS in the majors. He hasn't proven anything in the big leagues. Not to mention he's played less than 10 professional games at 3B. Middlebrooks lit it up in 75 games in 2012 and despite battling injuries the last 2 years, still managed a better year in 2013 than Dietrich has put together in his career. Your argument is comical and clueless. I'm guessing you are one of "those guys" on this board.

They both suck

Trade DD to the Phillies or the Yankees and see how fast you take that back.

And marlins09, Middlebrooks can't hit. It's been on display for two years now. I will take Dietrich over him every time right now.Middlebrooks has outproduced DD in every aspect and level in his career. Dietrich has a career sub .700 OPS in the majors. He hasn't proven anything in the big leagues. Not to mention he's played less than 10 professional games at 3B. Middlebrooks lit it up in 75 games in 2012 and despite battling injuries the last 2 years, still managed a better year in 2013 than Dietrich has put together in his career. Your argument is comical and clueless. I'm guessing you are one of "those guys" on this board.

You consider him battling through injuries moving downward? That's fair, but don't say he forgot how to hit. I'll let the upcoming season do the talking for me since this is a topic that doesn't matter and has no end. You don't just forget how to hit at 26 years old. Not to mention you didn't comment on the fact DD has 3 games at 3B

And marlins09, Middlebrooks can't hit. It's been on display for two years now. I will take Dietrich over him every time right now.Middlebrooks has outproduced DD in every aspect and level in his career. Dietrich has a career sub .700 OPS in the majors. He hasn't proven anything in the big leagues. Not to mention he's played less than 10 professional games at 3B. Middlebrooks lit it up in 75 games in 2012 and despite battling injuries the last 2 years, still managed a better year in 2013 than Dietrich has put together in his career. Your argument is comical and clueless. I'm guessing you are one of "those guys" on this board.What career stats are you looking at? DD's career OPS is .694 in the worst hitters park in baseball. Middlebrooks is .695 in one of the best hitters parks. So Middlebrooks has outproduced Dietrich by next to nothing. Basing your argument on the 75 games he had three years ago is what's comical. DD is trending upward and improving while Middlebrooks has forgotten how to swing a bat. My argument is comical? Your defense and Will Middlebrooks offense are comical.You consider him battling through injuries moving downward? That's fair, but don't say he forgot how to hit. I'll let the upcoming season do the talking for me since this is a topic that doesn't matter and has no end. You don't just forget how to hit at 26 years old. Not to mention you didn't comment on the fact DD has 3 games at 3B

For the record DD has also battled injuries the last two years and has still outproduced Middlebrooks in a pitchers park.

Middlebrooks is a right handed LoMo with less talent.

And marlins09, Middlebrooks can't hit. It's been on display for two years now. I will take Dietrich over him every time right now.Middlebrooks has outproduced DD in every aspect and level in his career. Dietrich has a career sub .700 OPS in the majors. He hasn't proven anything in the big leagues. Not to mention he's played less than 10 professional games at 3B. Middlebrooks lit it up in 75 games in 2012 and despite battling injuries the last 2 years, still managed a better year in 2013 than Dietrich has put together in his career. Your argument is comical and clueless. I'm guessing you are one of "those guys" on this board.What career stats are you looking at? DD's career OPS is .694 in the worst hitters park in baseball. Middlebrooks is .695 in one of the best hitters parks. So Middlebrooks has outproduced Dietrich by next to nothing. Basing your argument on the 75 games he had three years ago is what's comical. DD is trending upward and improving while Middlebrooks has forgotten how to swing a bat. My argument is comical? Your defense and Will Middlebrooks offense are comical.You consider him battling through injuries moving downward? That's fair, but don't say he forgot how to hit. I'll let the upcoming season do the talking for me since this is a topic that doesn't matter and has no end. You don't just forget how to hit at 26 years old. Not to mention you didn't comment on the fact DD has 3 games at 3BFor the record DD has also battled injuries the last two years and has still outproduced Middlebrooks in a pitchers park.

I would take a lomo level production offensively at 3B with plus defense for DD all day. Not to mention a guy that has shown he can hit at both levels. Not a guy that you think can hit at this level.

And marlins09, Middlebrooks can't hit. It's been on display for two years now. I will take Dietrich over him every time right now.Middlebrooks has outproduced DD in every aspect and level in his career. Dietrich has a career sub .700 OPS in the majors. He hasn't proven anything in the big leagues. Not to mention he's played less than 10 professional games at 3B. Middlebrooks lit it up in 75 games in 2012 and despite battling injuries the last 2 years, still managed a better year in 2013 than Dietrich has put together in his career. Your argument is comical and clueless. I'm guessing you are one of "those guys" on this board.What career stats are you looking at? DD's career OPS is .694 in the worst hitters park in baseball. Middlebrooks is .695 in one of the best hitters parks. So Middlebrooks has outproduced Dietrich by next to nothing. Basing your argument on the 75 games he had three years ago is what's comical. DD is trending upward and improving while Middlebrooks has forgotten how to swing a bat. My argument is comical? Your defense and Will Middlebrooks offense are comical.You consider him battling through injuries moving downward? That's fair, but don't say he forgot how to hit. I'll let the upcoming season do the talking for me since this is a topic that doesn't matter and has no end. You don't just forget how to hit at 26 years old. Not to mention you didn't comment on the fact DD has 3 games at 3BFor the record DD has also battled injuries the last two years and has still outproduced Middlebrooks in a pitchers park.

I would take a lomo level production offensively at 3B with plus defense for DD all day. Not to mention a guy that has shown he can hit at both levels. Not a guy that you think can hit at this level.

Why do you keep bringing up third basemen? We have a 2-5 WAR player at third base. We have zero need for a third baseman.

Padres are trading Smith to Mariners. That clears a lot of salary for them, so they may be more open to part with Venable/Maybin/Almonte/others for a Haren package. Marlins would still need a legitimate # 3 SP however to be taken seriously as a contender.

I still think you go for broke and try and get Kennedy(who will bring a draft pick after the season)/Venable, for Haren, Dietrich, Koehler/Phelps, and secondary P prospects in the minors. SD needs a lefty with power for the infield bad and cheap arms now as compared to what they are paying that lineup moving forward. That might be worth it to them to downgrade Kennedy to Haren for just the 2015 season as that likely isn't make or break for them.

Kennedy is the missing piece for the Marlins entering the season. They should go for broke and pick up a really good 4th OF in the process.

Geez they aren't playing. They're not even content with a Spring competition for the backup OF. They want the roster locked in in January. Interesting.

They are trying to keep traffic up here in the slow months, I appreciate it

Just as a baseball fan I'd rather Ichiro go somewhere where he can get daily at bats and reach the 3000 hit mark before he retires. We don't offer that kind of opportunity.

Yeah Ichiro shouldn't be starting anymore, but he deserves the chance to get 3000 hits and secure his future spot in the HOF.